Lake District

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All,

We are thinking of going to the Lake District for the Whitsun week. Can anyone give any info on quiet sites, if possible CL type sites?

Any info on the area and attractions would be most welcome.

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
Clive,

as you probably realise, if the weather is half decent the Lakes will be busy at Whit but that won't stop you having a great time. I've been a reagular visitor (from Manchester) since I was a youngster.

For me, lthough its busy, Ambleside has its attractions (shops, teas shops and pubs) but Grasmere is smaller, quieter and more like a village. There are some loely, simple low-level walks around Rydal water and Grasmere with spectacular views and you're never far from the car or the water !

Further north, Keswick is nice ad Derwent water is close by and very picturesque also.

The only problem with the Lakes is you never have time to see or do it all !

Enjoy !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at Graysonside, Lorron Road, Cockermouth in the Northern Lakes. Whilst not a CL it only has spaces for 5 or 6 'vans. Overlooks the Buttermere Fells and Cockermouth is 1 mile away. It may be difficult to get in though.The Buttermere/Lorton/Ennerdale/Wasdale Valleys are relatively unspoiled compared with the southern Lakes and there is ample to keep you entertained in the area. Enjoy my homeland, I just wish it was me that was travelling North.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Another great CL not too far away from Clubman's suggestion is at Greysouthern. It's owned by Mr Abbott and named Greenacres. Also the Dockray Meadow clubsite at Lamplugh is very quite and beautiful - and popular. It may matter to you that there is no toilet blocks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at Graysonside, Lorron Road, Cockermouth in the Northern Lakes. Whilst not a CL it only has spaces for 5 or 6 'vans. Overlooks the Buttermere Fells and Cockermouth is 1 mile away. It may be difficult to get in though.The Buttermere/Lorton/Ennerdale/Wasdale Valleys are relatively unspoiled compared with the southern Lakes and there is ample to keep you entertained in the area. Enjoy my homeland, I just wish it was me that was travelling North.
I too grew up in the lakes - in Lorton, you can't beat Lorton, Loweswater, Buttermere, Crummock for beautiful scenery - away from the crowds. We are taking the kids to Coniston at Whit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts