Last camping for this year?.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Managed to get away for a week each month , July August September and now this October. Nothing booked for November at moment. Did book like others for April, June but Covid came, Thinking of booking early for next April but the future is very uncertain at moment. Did get a surprize over the weekend in that my son has booked a lodge up near Skegness for a fishing holiday next September for us.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We are just taking thing, week by week , an not booking to far ahead, next week was originally book back in January for last April the re aranged for October. Winter might look dodgy if Corona get bad. But heho, we have three local sites (50 mile radius) that are open all year.

Reactions: Parksy
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We are only booking a few days before leaving because if you book well in advance, but then cannot go due to Covid19 issues, many sites will not refund you especially if your area is not in lockdown. They will hold onto the deposit for the next booking. Problem is that in some cases you may not be able to take up the booking at a later date. I am aware hat you can take out "insurance", but then you have the same hassles trying to get a pay out.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We are only booking a few days before leaving because if you book well in advance, but then cannot go due to Covid19 issues, many sites will not refund you especially if your area is not in lockdown. They will hold onto the deposit for the next booking. Problem is that in some cases you may not be able to take up the booking at a later date. I am aware hat you can take out "insurance", but then you have the same hassles trying to get a pay out.

They will also often seek full payment up to 30 days before arrival too. We have a booking for end october in Norfolk and I discussed it with the site and they are happy to delay full payment until nearer arrival date. If any need to cancel the booking will be rolled over to 2021. I looked at specific UK travel insurances but quite frankly they once again prove that insurers do not like undefined risks. The conditions where such that in most circumstances associated with Covid you would not be able to claim. Heart attack, stroke, broken bones okay.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
They will also often seek full payment up to 30 days before arrival too. We have a booking for end october in Norfolk and I discussed it with the site and they are happy to delay full payment until nearer arrival date. If any need to cancel the booking will be rolled over to 2021. I looked at specific UK travel insurances but quite frankly they once again prove that insurers do not like undefined risks. The conditions where such that in most circumstances associated with Covid you would not be able to claim. Heart attack, stroke, broken bones okay.

I perceived a move, among small CLs, towards bigger deposits and full payment before arrival a year ago, ie pre-Covid, particularly in popular areas like Cornwall and Norfolk.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I perceived a move, among small CLs, towards bigger deposits and full payment before arrival a year ago, ie pre-Covid, particularly in popular areas like Cornwall and Norfolk.
I doubt it as it means sending a cheque or the CL owner giving you their banking details. Not many would be happy to dish out bank details to all and sundry plus cheque is almost obsolete now and a cheque can be cancelled anyway.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I doubt it as it means sending a cheque or the CL owner giving you their banking details. Not many would be happy to dish out bank details to all and sundry plus cheque is almost obsolete now and a cheque can be cancelled anyway.
We had to cancel at short notice a Suffolk CL last September and the owners kindly returned the £25 deposit. We had payed by cheque and the returned our deposit by cheque. Unless you use CL/CS regularly it’s only supposition to say what their payment/ booking regime is.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site

I've found a few more than happy to give bank details to allow direct transfer - it may of course be an account specifically for that purpose.

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I've found a few more than happy to give bank details to allow direct transfer - it may of course be an account specifically for that purpose.
We do ask if they would prefer a BACs transfer as quick and cheap. Cheques can be a real hassle.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have a booking with a Caravan Club Site in about 11 days just paid a deposit if we cannot go it will be transfered to 2021 .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts