Last one to leave??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Here I am, sitting at work watching caravans pass the window on their way to enjoy the bank holiday weekend! yesterday I was out at meetings and passed a load of caravans and motorhomes. I couldn't get today off and I amm very jealous!

Am I the last to set off? I have a pitch booked down in Somerset for the weekend and am leaving peterborough at 7.30 tomorrow morning. It looks like i'll be the last to set off....leave me a decent space...Please?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Being a vanner myself I learnt a long time ago that BH madness should be avoided like the plague.

I found that the roads were more congested than normal, the sites were overbooked (far exceeding their liscence number) and the site owners had not provided extra facilites. this ended up with me and my family staying at home and having a quiet rest.

I am now fully retired and I go off peak and leave the people who are working and have young families to enjoy the rush and enjoyment

Hope the pitch and facilities are to your liking.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This will be my first trip when busy! I am a big fan of winter touring- with this year seeing gales, snow amd Ice! But with that comes beautifully quiet sites! Bit nervous about the apparent business out there. last thing I want is a packed site full of kids (no disrespect intended to parents) - but I suspect that's what I'll find!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, no you're not the last to leave, we can't set off till tonight around 6.30ish as my better half doesn't leave work till 6. Thankfully this weekend, we are only going local as he has to return to work on Saturday, so an hours drive is our limit. I've been out and about this am and seen loads of vans heading towards the coast, Bridlington, Scarborough etc. As the weathers not too good here either (rain), lets hope it improves.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This will be my first trip when busy! I am a big fan of winter touring- with this year seeing gales, snow amd Ice! But with that comes beautifully quiet sites! Bit nervous about the apparent business out there. last thing I want is a packed site full of kids (no disrespect intended to parents) - but I suspect that's what I'll find!
Which site are you going to? If its a commercial one, its bound to be full of families/kids. I have kids, but still tend to avoid these types of sites and stick to CL's.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Which site are you going to? If its a commercial one, its bound to be full of families/kids. I have kids, but still tend to avoid these types of sites and stick to CL's.
Caravan Club site near Chard- Booked by my better half. In a village called somethins- St Nicolas I think!

No bars, bingo or pool! Should be OK?

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi, no you're not the last to leave, we can't set off till tonight around 6.30ish as my better half doesn't leave work till 6. Thankfully this weekend, we are only going local as he has to return to work on Saturday, so an hours drive is our limit. I've been out and about this am and seen loads of vans heading towards the coast, Bridlington, Scarborough etc. As the weathers not too good here either (rain), lets hope it improves.
I dont think that it is a good idea to be the first one to leave. I am obviously still at home. One year we decided to go away over the bank holiday, found it very difficult to book and when we got there it was over packed and a little unpleasent as the site which I wont mention had put extra pitches in, to squeeze everyone in. This year I am waiting for the rush to die down, and am going away on the 1st April, one week after the bank hols. We had no problems booking, and hopefully the roads will be quiet. Good plan. Except for I have given you all the idea now!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul, I too live in Peterborough, we went to the CC site at west Runton near Cromer and had a dismal time weather wise but still maged to have a laff and lots of fun. Credit to the wardens at Incleboro Fields for their co-operation while many tried to plough the place up. the wardens tractors worked very hard on Monday and Tuesday mornings.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Neil

Sorry mate but Somerset was warm- the beach at Lyme Regis was full on Saturday- I kid you not. 5 hours back to Peterborough's not too bad either on the Monday!

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
we dont usually bother taking the van out at bank holidays.Usually work them anyway , but too crowded , too expensive as well.Much rather get away on my days off mid-week when everyone else back behind their desks or whatever.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts