Latest Scam

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you receive a card through your door from a company call PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) saying that they have a parcel awaiting delivery instructions and can you contact them on 0906 6611911

DO NOT call the number as this is a mail scam originating from Belize

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £15 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 02072396655 or ICTIS at or your local trading standards office.

ICTIS have the following information about this number:-

"This is a card posted through your letter box from PDS Parcel Delivery suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and to call the premium rate number in question. This service costs £1.50 per minute.

This service is under investigation by ICSTIS."

I would add that ANYTHING that requests you ring an 0900 number be viewed with a high degree of suspicion

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I posted about this last December Clive. I actually received a card asking me to call them to arrange delivery of my Digital Camera. I had been surfing the net on these cameras and had just bought one on EBay which had arrived a few days before. I never rang the # because I became suspicious by seeing the 0906 #. Was this a coincidence mentioning a Digital Camera or are they actually watching your surfing habits with Spyware? I use BT Yahoo AntiSpy and Ad-Aware regularly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi LB

Sorry I missed your comment - life is only just getting back to normal after the end of the tax year mayhem.

One of my clients got caught on this when her daughter thought she was being helpful and rang the number - not realising the significance of the 0900 number.

As for Spyware - I went on ebay to try to find a load area roller blind for the Discovery and when I came off my antispyware told me of two "additions" - quickly deleted!

So I think you are correct.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts