LCD Portable Tv's what makes sutable for caravans

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Reason for the question, my daughter bought me a new mobile phone complete with camera, I noticed that when viewing the pictures taken you have to hold the screen at eye level move it to the left or right or tilt the screen goes into a negative mode.

Looking at some of the smaller lcd tellys in our local food store I noticed the same effect, getting on my knees and looking up at the screen .

Reason I did this is because the place for a TV in our caravan is positioned high up so that you have to look upwards to view,

My old standard portable which you can view from any angle is getting a bit to heavy for me to lift up hence the interest in the lcd screens.

Any helpfull advise greatly appreciated

Royston

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Tvs made with LCD screens for computers usually do have a restricted viewing angle, if the screen is made for a TV you will not have a problem.

These angles are usually published on the packaging or in the specs.

Also if you have a computer type screen setting up the brightness and contrast controls properly will help, we run a computer screen based TV in the van and do not have a problem.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you all for your assistance, Graham that 170 deg angle of view sounds great, as the tv compartment I have is fitted with a round turntable not really suitable for tv stands, and governed by the tv width.

Royston

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Royston,

The 19" LCD TV I bought from Curry's fit's on my turntable no problem at all and the 19" fit's great in the space for the tv it also has freeview.

Regards

Graham

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi Royston,

The 19" LCD TV I bought from Curry's fit's on my turntable no problem at all and the 19" fit's great in the space for the tv it also has freeview.

Regards

Graham
Royston, forgot to tell you, don't buy the one Tesco has on offer 15" LCD with DVD, we bought one for the van and had to take it back, the only way you could watch it is if you were standing right if front of it,

Cheers

Graham (Ponty)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts