lcd tele in bailey senator wyoming

We purchased a new wyoming which came with an LCD tele, a red dot has appeared on the screen and the tele has gone away to BCA who supplied them to check it, they have replied by saying that under european standards 7 pixels are allowed to go in an LCD tele before they replace it so its not covered under warranty! I rang BCA and they told me to ring Bailey which I did and was told that basically we are stuck with a TV that looks like a lazer pen is shining on the screen! I think that this is a get out for the company who supplies these tvs and Bailey should not supply them with the caravan if so many faults are on these tvs, they should reduce the price of the vans and let you chose your own tv of a better quality! I am utterley disgusted with this response from both companies and I would warn others thinking of buying a Bailey dont let the TV sway them into chosing a Bailey as they are poor quality and had lots of complaints about them!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
All lcd screens have this proviso, the same would apply to an lcd at home or a laptop.

Bailey have come in for a lot of stick over their lcd tvs - the first ones were analogue only despite the digital switchover having already started - when they changed the specification to digital they then had supply problems and owners were taking delivery without tv and waiting months in some cases - there have been complaints on other forums about the poor quality of the supplied sets.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Cheryl

Our Wyoming is 9 months old and the LCD tv is cr*p. It's been back to BCA who keep testing it and saying it is ok.

My first problem was solved with help from Kelly Watts at Bailey. The picture looked like a live negative. Kelly sent me a different mounting bracket which allows us to tilt the tv whilst in bed. Whilst it solved the problem you can't swivel the tv round to the lounge. That doesn't bother us particularly.

Now I to have a red laser dot in the bottom right about 2" up and 2" in.

My major gripe and complaint on this forum is the apparent lack of QA/QC by the caravan manufacturers.

If I was Bailey's chief buyer I would be taking BCA to task. They are supplying substandard goods with a rubbish service.

Personally I didn't want the tv because we had one already from our previous van. I'd have preferred a discount and no tv.

What's that saying? Don't spoil the ship for a h'penny of tar??

Cheers

Alan

Cheryl

Our Wyoming is 9 months old and the LCD tv is cr*p. It's been back to BCA who keep testing it and saying it is ok.

My first problem was solved with help from Kelly Watts at Bailey. The picture looked like a live negative. Kelly sent me a different mounting bracket which allows us to tilt the tv whilst in bed. Whilst it solved the problem you can't swivel the tv round to the lounge. That doesn't bother us particularly.

Now I to have a red laser dot in the bottom right about 2" up and 2" in.

My major gripe and complaint on this forum is the apparent lack of QA/QC by the caravan manufacturers.

If I was Bailey's chief buyer I would be taking BCA to task. They are supplying substandard goods with a rubbish service.

Personally I didn't want the tv because we had one already from our previous van. I'd have preferred a discount and no tv.

What's that saying? Don't spoil the ship for a h'penny of tar??

Cheers

Alan
I totally agree with you, I rang BCA today and the guy I spoke to even agreed with me that it is ridiculous that these faults are not covered under warranty and basically we are not the only ones, they seem to be having lots of problems with these sub standard teles and when I rung Bailey today they didnt want to know, the person I spoke to basically said there is nothing you can do and if you buy an LCD tele from any shop it would be the same rule? I dont think so, I am so annoyed about it that I am contemplating ringing trading standards. We didnt buy the van for the tv, however, like you said we would have preferred a reduction and put our own tele in. Thanks for that info, we tried to watch the tele in bed and it does look like a negative on a photo, the quality is horrendous, we have two LCD teles in our house and have never had any problems with them or the pixels. These tvs are obviously cheap and nasty but they are using them as a selling ploy to attract buyers to their vans. Can we not ask this magazine to represent everyone out there who is having trouble with these tvs and get Bailey to listen to their customers. This is our second Bailey van in 3 yrs and it will be our last after the service we have received from them! As you can guess I am really p.....d off!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We have series 5 Wyoming and looked at series 6,and although we like some things we can't see enough benefits to change, the TV was not even considered as we had made the mistake of buying a 'cheap' LCD model for our van,it was so bad we gave it to teenage son for his bedroom, we now have Samsung 19" with built in Freeview, best picture we have ever had in 16 years of caravanning.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
we had the original TV then BCA swapped it for the later TV which is a bit better but still pretty poor.We have a Toshiba 19" on the worktop when on hookup and only take the Bailey one to a rally,the Toshiba is a brilliant picture and picks up loads of freeview channels when other TVs nearby have got hardly any.Ther must be a reason why they are

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Hiya

I totally agree the tele is naff. I want to change the one in our series 6 Indiana. I would like to mount it on the same panel but worried about how much weight it will take. 19" LCD's seem to be around 6KG. Has anybody replaced theirs and with which TV ?

Mikey

May 5, 2005
Visit site
i am ringing about the avtex 19" that says it has the frame size of a 15" hoping it will turn in the space of the Indiana expect its pricey tho,its a 12volt one which our 19" isnt,will ask for weight as well.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mikey

It's a lot of money but I think you are on the right track.

What I have discovered since my wasted discussions with useless BCA is that the cheaper a tv the worse the ability to view it at an angle. Now the Kelly Watts swivel bracket gets over that problem but it will not allow the tv to rotate from bedroom to lounge. That doesn't bother us because we still take our faithful "Tesco" lcd tv for use in the lounge.

So will the Avtex or similar allow you to watch at a wider angle than the current rubbish BCA job? If it does then I think the original bracket will work and allow full rotation.

Just a personal view. You are looking at a very expensive purchase. Is it really worth it? Even with the red dot laser I can make do with the BCA junk in the bedroom at night but use the more expensive, larger screen in the lounge.

Before I get lambasted I agree it is gross to take two tvs away but this is the only way to get round the rubbish supplied by BCA.

Cheers

Alan

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Isn't it stupid for manufacturers to include a TV as standard, preventing the customer choice to suit their own needs.

Isn't it stupid for customers to buy a

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts