LD Lines 2nd crossing +

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
LD Lines have decided to introduce another sailing between Portsmouth and Le Havre but unfortunatly the facilities at Le Havre won't be ready until 1st November.

The sailing time will be around midday from Portsmouth with the return journey about 23h00 from Le Havre. Their existing sailing times are to stay as they are.

From 1st May they are sailing from Newhaven to Le Havre and return.

Sounds like good news to me.

Dave.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi David.

As a fan of fair pricing I am all for LD Lines and have two bookings this year on Ports - Le Havre. I am surprised that they have a problem at Le Havre as P&O use to have three crossings a day. I presume that two boats may be in dock at the same time.

Do you know where the second ship is coming from.

Andrew

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure where the second vessel is comming from but they think it will be called Norman Voyager. The current ship is the Norman Spirit.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the 'Spirit' was from the short Dover end of the channel, hence not so many cabins.

Dave.

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Andrew, slight update, they say the second ship should have at least 110 cabins as well as the recliners so thats an improvement. That means a leasurly night sailing in both directions now.

Dave.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the update. given the awful weather recently it is hard to believe that we are only about 10 weeks away from our summer holiday in June.

It was me who posted about the shortage of cabins on the current boat on the Le Havre run. It use to do the Kent crossing for P&O.

Andrew

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if most people are aware that LD Lines now have an on-line Blog. Any questions or concernes can be voiced on the blog and Pierre will do his best to address them.

Dave.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts