Le Boucanet. France

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Here's a review I wrote on another forum:

Le Boucanet is ideally situated, directly on the beach, between Le Grau-du-Roi and La Grande Motte. There is not a lot of road noise, as it's on a back-road off the main road between the two. It's open between early May and late September. It's quite a large site, with 450 pitches, but is broken up well, and doesn't intimidate. Pitches are generous, and separated by hedges. Most have electric hook-ups but specify when booking in. Obviously being a beachside site, pitches are sandy - but if you run into difficulties getting on or off there is a tractor unit to help out. There are some pitches directly on the beach, for which a small supplement is paid. There is some shade from the mulberry trees around the site, which are pruned early in the season.

There are several sanitary blocks, all very colourful, so you're never too far from one. The blocks are kept clean, and the showers are always hot and powerful. There are washbasins in cabins, areas for washing up, and washing clothes, and washing machines, dryers and ironing facilities are available. The washblocks are 'open-plan' and although there are two 'sides' useage seems to be unisex, typical of most french campsites.

There is a good sized irregular pool, with a paddling pool and a children's pool with a waterslide, as well as a covered pool for those (infrequent) poor weather days. There are sun loungers around the pool (hot competition for these!)

On site facilities include a small supermarket, selling a good range of foods, as well as a shop selling beach goods. There is a bar and takeaway with a reasonable menu. The on-site restaurant is built in the form of a Tahitian straw-roofed cabin, and serves very good value food as well as being a lovely place to have a meal. The staff in reception speak good English. There's a small beach bar which is open in high season, and the site offers hire of beach equipment, windsurfers, and pedalies in high season.

The site accepts Camping Cheques which means in the early and late season a pitch / car / caravan / tent / motorhome / electricity and two people need only cost you

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have been there twice and really can't add much more to what Valerie has said. On our first visit we made the mistake of booking a pitch one row back from the sea. It was impossible to get onto the pitch with our then car because of deep rutted sand. But as mentioned the site are very willing to help you if you have a problem. Generally the pitches a bit further back from the sea have a more solid base. We did not make the same mistake twice on our second visit!!! There are plenty of walks from the site and La Grand Motte is interesting to walk round. The beach is really good. Have no hesitation in recommending it.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Many thanks to Valerie and David,especially for Valerie's in depth fantastic report.

We have booked for 14 nights next year. We could not resist the fantastic view of the beach from the front row (even with David's concerns).We have a 4X4 so the sand should not be a problem.

Kind regards Nidge

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nidge

I am sure you will enjoy the campsite. On the sand business I did discover that it was a bit easier using the motor mover provided you had a board under the jockey wheel. When I first went there I did not have a 4X4. The site use a fairly old Nissan Patrol to get vans into and off pitches.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nidge

I am sure you will enjoy the campsite. On the sand business I did discover that it was a bit easier using the motor mover provided you had a board under the jockey wheel. When I first went there I did not have a 4X4. The site use a fairly old Nissan Patrol to get vans into and off pitches.

David
Thanks for your reply David, We have also got a motor mover so I will take note of you comments.

Many thanks, Nidge

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What a first class reply Valarie you are to be congratulated !!!

Val & Frank
Thanks for the comment about the review. I do enjoy writing them - because I think people need all the small details which make a site special. This one was done for a 'proper' review page on another caravan-camping website!

It's only after you've finished, and they've been published that you ever see the spelling mistakes though - a bit like you're Valarie!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts