Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I think that this is the only site by this name in that region.

We have used the site,it is fairly large and on the side of the Lac de Leon (which is I think the largest man made lake in France) is has 'beaches' and all the usual facilities,pools etc all of a very good standard,pitches generally are a good size with some to 800m2.All with shade and those at the lakeside are smaller and closer together and more expensive but if you are into fishing or watersports they are perfect.There are woodland walks directly off the rear of the site.It is convenient for visiting Biaritz and Spain and is a good site for a family holiday,would I go again?Yes.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, we stayed there in July/ August in 2000 and 2005. We had a great holiday both times and the weather was very good. We had no problems at all and it is ideal for a euro family holiday, our daughter was 7 at the first visit and the lakeside beach was perfect. It is commercial with a small c and there was no late night noise even though there were lots of people still up at midnight.

Ray

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hello Ray(c) & The Plotter

Many thanks for your replys, our daughter will be 6 when we travel in august, do you think this would be a good site for her, suitable pools etc? Can you recall what the lake is like, does it have a nice sandy beach which shelves gradually and good for a 6 year old? Also is the lake used for windsurfing, as i like to take my winsurfing kit with me. Sorry for loads of questions, last august we stayed at la Rive, near Bisscarose, the site was ok with lots to do although it was quite full on and i encounted problems with sharp shallow rocks in the lake whilst sailing. What time of year did you visit? Thanks in advance,

Darren

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
darren, We went in July/August at the start of the school holidays.

The camp site beach is good with very gentle slope, it had a slide built like an octopus as far as I can recall. you can actually walk out a VERY long way with it only coming up to your waist. They have in fact dug out a part that is sectioned of with buoys that is deep enough for kids to swim. Just outside the camp site is another beach which is good with a life guard on duty. The water is of course fresh and none tidal.

The swimming pool complex is par for the course and there is goood family entertainment each evening.

There is plenty of water sports activity on the lake and there is a sailing school outside the camp site.

I had two good holidays there, my daughter was 7 at the first visit and 12 the second time.

Ray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts