Le Cube gaz, France

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings Vic,

The only French gas bottle that I have found that is in any way compatable with an UK bottle is the french 13kgs propane bottle that has the same left hand thread found on a UK small (almost round) CalorButane bottle.

Thats alright if you can;

1, Put it in your locker. It weighs 27kgs full and could have noseweight implications and

2, have a fixed regulator (post 2005 van) with a butane pigtail (without clip on extension.)

Other than that you will need a french reg to go onto the french bottle.

The availability of french bottles is another matter. At almost every fuel garage in France they sell gas. Most of them are national chains ie Elf Primagas and you should not have any difficulty in swopping, especially at the large supermarket chains who seem to stock every brand.

Hope this helps

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ah but! If you have the new bulkhead regulator then all you need is the correct pigtail to connect to it - some of these may be bought in the UK, and of course they may be obtained in French Caravan Dealers. I don't know whether you can get them at Station Service en France.

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
Evans

Thanks - this is partly useful! We have a bulkhead reg, but I don't think we could accommodate a 27kg bottle in addition to what we already take. I guess we will have to be frugal with our gas - but we will be in France for 2 months.

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi

If your regulator on the end of your pig tail is of the 27mm Patio Gas/BP Light type then these also fit the French Le Cube cylinders. Refer to this Gaslow web page which is great for various country requirements - http://www.gaslow.co.uk/pages/products/list_1.htm

Alan

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi

If your regulator on the end of your pig tail is of the 27mm Patio Gas/BP Light type then these also fit the French Le Cube cylinders. Refer to this Gaslow web page which is great for various country requirements - http://www.gaslow.co.uk/pages/products/list_1.htm

Alan
Alan - excellent! Thanks, I think this answers my question. Our Indiana has a bulkhead regulator and 27 mm connector which according to the Gaslow website is indeed compatible with Le Cube. I hope Le Cube is readily available at supermarkets if we run out!

TRENDING THREADS