Le Havre to Poitiers

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
Does any one have any suggestions on the best way to get from Le Havre to Poitiers?

Not sure whether to take the A131 to meet the A28 (long way round), or take the 'scenic route' through Lisieux which is possibly 30 miles shorter.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Depends on your experience and the weather. If "limited" and bad, I'd say take the autoroute as much as you can.

Look at www.viamichelin.com and try both routes - should give you a better idea.

Have a good trip.

Nov 15, 2005
Visit site
Michael,

I have just driven that route last weekend. I would go for the Lisieux option. The D579 is a good route only a few hills and bypasses Lisieux all the way to Gace where you can pick up the A28 again.

The Pont Du Normandie is _5.80 (with caravan) for the toll and further _1 for the section of autoroute to Pont L'Eveque.

You can miss the autoroute section after the bridge if you want by exiting immediately after the Pont Du Normandie

Hope this help

Richard

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Michael

If your going from Calais, go down to Rouen, the old road to Alencon is pretty good and the a28, which ever you prefer.

But hope on the A28 to Le mans - tours then the A10 to poitiers. it's a doddle.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Oooooooooooooops got that wrong need new glasses, having trouble at work aswell!!!

Disregard the calais bit, what a numpty I am.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts