Leaking awning

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Any tips as to how to cure a leaking awning will be welcome.

The leak(s) are from the bead section that is threaded through the caravan.

There is a plastic sleeve (it appears sound)that sits on top of the beading but water is finding it's way underneath and drips down the outside wall of the caravan/

Thanks in anticipation.

Barry

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
HI! Barry if your awning is new i had the same problems until after about the 3rd time of using then it stopped leaking (something to do with slight shrinking of the material according to the makers )this was written on the instructions

cheers Duggie

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Barry,

In addition to what others have posted you may want to consider buying a tube of awning seam sealant. Some of the cheaper lightweight porch awnings (don't know if that's what you have) do have a tendency to leak at some seams. I have a Sunncamp Ultima 390 which leaked exactly as you have described. The manufacturers seem to recognise this is a potential problem and recommended in their owner's leaflet to use awning seam sealant. This is available at most caravan accessory shops for a few pounds.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,

it sounds to me like the awning rail/ plastic insert somewhere is leaking not the awning.next time it happens take a really good look.water seems to be getting behind the beading itself???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts