Leaky loo...

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I have a Bailey Ranger 460/2 built in 1999 and I've discovered the floor under the toilet is very wet, I now want to remove the loo so I can see what the damage is and sort out what to do about it.

I've looked on the web and trawled the forums for advice all say the same thing and go into detail of how to remove it, I've looked on Thetfords site and I think I'm pretty much up to the job BUT the one thing I haven't seen or found reference to is the flush tank filler pipe now I may be having a blonde, or gray in my case, but does this have to be removed before you can lift the loo off the wall .......

Any help and advice would be most helpful.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The filler cover on the outside of the van needs to be removed before the toilet can be lifted up and away from the wall of the van.

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for that, as I said I hadn't seen any reference to the filler pipe at all.....

I shall get the tool box out over the weekend. :) :)

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
So just been out and removed flush tank filler cover and the loo lifted away with no effort at all......and now any recommendations as to what I can removed the old mastic from around the hole and the filler cover please.

I must say you have been very quick with your help and advice, another forum just told me not to do it as the leak would be between the cassette and the bowl, leaking seal, but I'm not so sure that's where my problems is as the inside of the cassette compartment isn't wet and when you pump the flush, water is seen under the front of the loo it self....oh well time will tell.

More later as I figure out what's what. :)

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
To remove the sealant from the fill tube and the side of the van you will need white spirit to remove the sealant and the meths spirit to remove the residue.It might be a good idea when you come to putting it back together to put on a new O ring on the filler tube .I have just replaced mine due to damp but no chances taken here I put two O rings on but you cannot get these from Thetfords you have to buy the complete filer tube. I went to a local business dealing in hydraulics and matched the seal, the two cost me £2.Now you will have a choice of what sealant to use on reassembly several posters have different preferencies of sealant so I guess somebody will come along and give you the best one to use ..
Sir Roger

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Remove as much old mastic with a plastic scraper, never use a metal one !!
Then finish removing any left with white spirit.
To give a good seal when refitting, use Soudall Fixall.
Use a good bead and tool off to a smooth finish.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts