leaky lunars

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
someone please cheer me up !! have recently bought a 2004 lunar zenith and only now are people saying " oh you've not bought a leaky lunar have you " Has anyone out there got a lunar that has'nt leaked or been damp,does anyone know if problems were resolved on the later models !!!

Have never had a van before and our first trip out next week and this has put a real "dampner" on it ! (see i'm still smiling-just!!

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Tina,don't worry We had a '99' Lunar up until last year, dry as a bone,as far as leaks go I don't think there's much to choose between any of the manufacturers,I'm doing damp test's most day's of the week!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
lunars had a bit of a name a few years ago for leaking,saying that so did a few others.i wouldn't worry to much,most of the manufactures now have a 3-6 year water ingress policy which tells you they have sorted it out(almost).everyone gets a bad one of something in their lives it just sods law,enjoy your caravan and worry about when it happens,at the end of the day if the warranty is ok they will have to fix it simple as that

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are on Lunar number 3 and wouldnt consider any other make. Very happy with ours and it gives us a van substantialy larger than many others for a weight lower than most. As for leaking as has already been said it was a problem for many manufactures vans not only Lunars several years ago.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My first caravan was a brand new swift Challenger. After two years it was back to the factory for four months and returned with a new bathroom rear panel and whole left side.

I then traded it in and bought a Lunar. It's now three years old and is dry as a bone. ANY caravan can leak if it isn't built correctly or maintained correctly. The simple thing to do with a Lunar or any caravan is have it serviced according to the warranty so IF you had a problem you're covered. I don't worry about ours and if I was you I would go out and enjoy caravanning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My first caravan was a brand new swift Challenger. After two years it was back to the factory for four months and returned with a new bathroom rear panel and whole left side.

I then traded it in and bought a Lunar. It's now three years old and is dry as a bone. ANY caravan can leak if it isn't built correctly or maintained correctly. The simple thing to do with a Lunar or any caravan is have it serviced according to the warranty so IF you had a problem you're covered. I don't worry about ours and if I was you I would go out and enjoy caravanning.
My 96 Abbey Vogue GTS had apparently had a damp test during its service a fortnight before I changed it (3 services with same dealer, all with a damp test - allegedly). When a different dealer did a damp survey, they basically took the back panel off the van off to prove the wood underneath was soaked through. It appears it was the metal strip securing the rear panel to the roof, so its not just Lunars which leak. Now on 2nd Bailey, My provence has a 6 year warranty and fully bonded shell.

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
For info in the latest Caravan Club magazine quality survey Lunar came 14th in table, guess what all top places taken by imported vans.

By the way I have a Lunar van its has had lots go wrong (see earlier posts) but so far appears to be dry.

Enjoy your caravanning

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We have a Lunar LX2000. It too is dry. I think that they had a problem with one year of manufacturing. It really isn't in their interest to let an issue like that go on as the market is so competitive now. As for the person who referred to it as a'leaky lunar' maybe they were just a bit jealous and out to spoil your fun. What is the point of saying that when you have bought the van. Anyone with genuinely helpful intentions would have advised you beforehand or not at all!

Apr 8, 2005
Visit site
We are on our second Lunar in 1 year as we are so impressed! We have had no problems so far and feel confident in the van we have. Our dealer also gave us confidence. We will stick with Lunar hopefully as we are so pleased with the lightweight and the layout.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
thanks all for your support,just come back from uttoxeter where it rained TORRENTIALY ! for two days !!so far so good,but the van was excellent!my first time and it towed like a dream and provided every creature comfort! I love my van and will worry about what happens when(if)it does ! x

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts