Leaving a Site Early in the Morning

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
We are travelling from Cornwall to Folkestone and have planned an Overnight stop on a Caravan Club Site about a 3rd of the way. We are early morning people so would like to get going again about 6am to enable us to catch our tunnel booking at 4pm.
Is this allowed??? Obviously we will not have an awning up or anything, it will just be a case of hitch up and go.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi if you are on a Club site pitch I say NO!! as it happen to us in the past when people shut their car door loud talking ect at that time of the morning,
The only way round it have a word with the warden before you book the site if you can stay in the late night arrival area, That way everyone will get a good night sleep, Good Luck enjoy your hoilday. Trevor123

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Just a thought, if as you say you are early morning people why do you want stay on a site and leave early, my thinking is if you leave Cornwall (Newquay area) at 6am and travel to Folkstone approx 6 hours driving with 3 half hour stops you will still be there by 2.30-3.00pm
If however you leave a site at your stated time and you are already a third of the way there you will be there by 12.30-1.00.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
SirRogerFartingtonFortesqueSmyth said:
Kevin .
Did you work that one out on youur own?
Im confused I didnt know there was two four o clocks in the same day.

Please read carefully and all will become clear, I'll give you a clue the last paragraph should be treated seperatley.
By the way 4.00am and 4.00pm He he

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I used to be able to start and drive off my driveway on our housing estate in a VW LT35 truck towing a 2000Kg trailer at 4am without even waking my neighbors, and one of them was a fireman and a very light sleeper. So if one makes no noise and even perhaps leaves the car hooked to the van and doesn't use the battery drill do the legs. You might get away with it.

Having said that, your drive to the destination is doable in one hit and if your stopping after a third of the distance that doesn't seem practical. I would of done the most of the journy in the first run. We had a 10am ferry to the Isle of Wight once, so we drove to a site 15 miles from the port , the night before rather than do 4am start and risk getting delayed in going to work traffic.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Litespeed
I'm intrigued why you need 10 hours to the last two thirds of a journey of say 200 miles?
smiley-undecided.gif
I assume you are near Newquay?
As a courtesy to your fellow tuggers I too would ask the Warden if you can stay in the late Arrivals area.

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
We're really not sure how long to allow from Truro to Folkestone, We have always taken the Brittany ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff and drive down to the Alps with only one overnight stop.
Its weird to say i've never towed long distance in the UK before and can only imagine (probably unfaily) long trafic jams and hold ups!
We will now leave at 5pm and drive to where I have now booked a CL on the A303 at Yeovil. I explained to the warden that we would like to get off early if possible, she has a section especially for that, Ha! its probably called the lane outside the site!
I am happy to drive the whole distance from Truro to Folkestone but the other point is we have a site boooked on the French side just South of Arras, about a further 70km from Calais so didnt want to get there too late, also with 2 boys 8 and 10 its not much fun for them stuck in the back eating sweets and watching DVD's?????????!!!!!
Thanks for all your help...hopefully have it all worked out now.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am surprised at the enquiry, you can leave a cc site early in the morning, no problems just post your site key in the site office.
The sites in Kent people are always leaving around 5 oclock some earlier to catch the ferrys, never been disturbed .

Royston

May 9, 2009
Visit site
We stayed at Black Horse farm in Densole Folkstone a few weeks ago. They have a section of the site especially for people catching the ferries from Dover. I was in the shower at 5:15am and we left site at 6:45am. There were 3 caravans that left before us.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts