Lidl automatic battery charger

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Lidl have there cheap automatic battery charger back on sale Monday 19 / 01 / 2012
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't know how sophisticated they are compared to teh CTEK models, but I have a Lidl and and Aldi version and both seem pretty good, and alot cheaper than CTEK.

They are certainly better than to old simple half wave rectified traditional chargers.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Prof John L said:
I don't know how sophisticated they are compared to teh CTEK models, but I have a Lidl and and Aldi version and both seem pretty good, and alot cheaper than CTEK.

They are certainly better than to old simple half wave rectified traditional chargers.
I've got both a CTEK and an early Aldi version - the CTEK is slightly better but the Aldi/Lidl are much better value.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
A difference to the CTEK 3600 I have and my Aldi charger is that the CTEK recovers from breaks in the mains supply; the Aldi unit must be reset.
So I cant simply go off for months leaving the Adli unit looking after the batteries in the way I can with the CTEK.

However as a charger and at what it cost me I am very satisfied for an application where I am about to reset it after power outages.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
JTQ said:
A difference to the CTEK 3600 I have and my Aldi charger is that the CTEK recovers from breaks in the mains supply; the Aldi unit must be reset.
So I cant simply go off for months leaving the Adli unit looking after the batteries in the way I can with the CTEK.

However as a charger and at what it cost me I am very satisfied for an application where I am about to reset it after power outages.
My early Aldi is like that but I have been told that more recent versions do restart in the same way as the CTEK.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I have two of these, one for emergencies & in it's box in the caravan & the other at this moment in time is under the bonnet of my truck as it is parked nose end in & down a slight slope to the front of my shed.
I put it on last week the day before i went into hospital........
Blackberry206.jpg
Blackberry205.jpg
Blackberry207.jpg

Just out of curiosity I have been out & switched it off & then put it back on, but it did not reset itself, it's not a problem.....
The problem would be if the battery was flat & i needed to go some where rather quick & the wife was at work ...
With something compact like this the bonnet can be left locked down & secure
smiley-wink.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts