Lifetime perpetual engines?

Jun 26, 2022
Visit site
Fantasy, there is no such thing as a free lunch, at least that is what I was taught. Looks like a hydro electric generator. Water pressure is the source of the energy.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
No matter what you have that's moving there will always be friction somewhere, and that will slow things down. It might be very very gradual but it will happen.
Perpetual motion simply cannot exist.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
No matter what you have that's moving there will always be friction somewhere, and that will slow things down. It might be very very gradual but it will happen.
Perpetual motion simply cannot exist.
Many people have said "never" and been proved wrong. Maybe at some point in the distant future if will be a reality? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• A rocket will never be able to leave the earth’s atmosphere – New York Times 1936
  • When the Paris Exhibition closes (1878), electric light will close with it and no more will be heard of it – Oxford professor Erasmus Wilson
  • The world potential for copying machines is 5000 at most – IBM to the founders of Xerox, saying the photocopier had no market large enough to justify production 1959
  • I must confess that my imagination refuses to see any sort of submarine doing anything, but suffocating its crew and floundering at sea – H G Wells, British novelist 1901
  • The idea that calvary will be replaced by these iron coaches is absurd. It is a little short of treasonous – Comment of Aide-de-camp to Field Marshal Haig at tank demonstration 1916
  • “How sir would you make a ship sail against the wind and currents by lighting a bonfire under her deck? I pray you excuse me I have not the time to listen to such nonsense” - Napoleon when told of Robert Fulton’s steamboat 1800s.
  • There will never be a bigger plane built – A Boeing engineer after the first flight of the 247, a twin engine plane holding 10 people
  • A wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to no one in particular – Associates of David Sarnoff responding to the latter’s call for investment in the radio in 1921
  • No it will make war impossible – Hiram Maxim inventor of the machine gun in response to the question “Will this gun not make war more terrible?” from Havelock Ellis and English scientist 1893
  • There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home – Ken Olsen, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corporation in a talk given to a 1977World Future Society meeting in Boston
  • No one will pay good money to get from Berlin to Potsdam in one hour when they can ride his horse there in one day for free – King William of Prussia on trains 1864
  • Television won’t last because people will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night. Darry Zanuck, movie producer 20th Century Fox 1946
  • The horse is here to stay, but the automobile is only a novelty – a fad. President of the Michigan Savings advising Henry Ford’s lawyer not to invest in the Ford Motor Co 1903
  • X-rays will prove to be a hoax – Lord Kelvin president of the Royal Society 1883
  • I think there is a world market for maybe five computers – Thomas Watson chairman of IBM 1943
  • Rail travel at high speed is not possible because passengers unable to breathe would die of asphyxia – Dr Dionysius Lardner 1830
  • This telephone has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us – Western Union internal memo 1876
  • There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will- Albert Einstein 1932

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I am prepared to put a good few quid on me being right. All of the above are people opinions, perpetual motion is against the laws of physics.
Many have tried and I somhiw don't have a lot of faith in that cobbled together "thing" breaking the laws of physics. If it had/does then it woukd be all over tge worlds press. I have yet to see it there.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I am prepared to put a good few quid on me being right. All of the above are people opinions, perpetual motion is against the laws of physics.
Many have tried and I somhiw don't have a lot of faith in that cobbled together "thing" breaking the laws of physics. If it had/does then it woukd be all over tge worlds press. I have yet to see it there.
I agree that the machine in the video may not work, but who knows about the future and many laws of physics have probably been broken. :ROFLMAO:

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I agree that the machine in the video may not work, but who knows about the future and many laws of physics have probably been broken. :ROFLMAO:
Someone might come up with faster than light travel as well!
Or a politician that tells the truth. Which do you reckon is more likely? :unsure:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Note the size and weight of the flywheel. Once the guy got it spinning it appears to speed up. I get the kinetic energy in the flywheel but it cannot run indefinitely , or can it. Good use of chest expanders. Each stretch of each spring will of course use up energy so I doubt it will run forever.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Note the size and weight of the flywheel. Once the guy got it spinning it appears to speed up. I get the kinetic energy in the flywheel but it cannot run indefinitely , or can it. Good use of chest expanders. Each stretch of each spring will of course use up energy so I doubt it will run forever.
Not in a million years. 😂

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Think the laws of physics are against energy free perpetual motion.
But what do I know?
Mel
The laws of physics haven't been broken. As a degree qualified Physicist, the rush of changes at the end of the 19th Century. and early 20th Century were all about explaining newly observed phenomena that could not be explained by classical physics.

That doesn't mean "the laws of physics have been broken" but DOES mean that some phenomena require different explanations. The classical laws and equations that cover the movement of "large bodies" (by which I mean things in our frame of reference - so people, cars, etc). Kinetic energy being calculated by "half m x v squared" is a perfectly valid equation. It only breaks down at speeds closer to the speed of light than we can experience, or at the atomic and sub atomic level.

The newtonian laws of thermodynamics which covers the "old fashioned" stuff can still be covered by:
Law 1 "You can't win, you can only break even"
Law 2 "You can only break even at absolute zero"
Law 3 "You can't reach absolute zero"

If the laws of physics did not still work, there'd be no such thing as engineering.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The laws of physics haven't been broken. As a degree qualified Physicist, the rush of changes at the end of the 19th Century. and early 20th Century were all about explaining newly observed phenomena that could not be explained by classical physics.

That doesn't mean "the laws of physics have been broken" but DOES mean that some phenomena require different explanations. The classical laws and equations that cover the movement of "large bodies" (by which I mean things in our frame of reference - so people, cars, etc). Kinetic energy being calculated by "half m x v squared" is a perfectly valid equation. It only breaks down at speeds closer to the speed of light than we can experience, or at the atomic and sub atomic level.

The newtonian laws of thermodynamics which covers the "old fashioned" stuff can still be covered by:

If the laws of physics did not still work, there'd be no such thing as engineering.
Can you please have a chat with the CAMC who seem to think water can run uphill? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sorry but I don’t get it wrt your post #17. If you are not having problems on the new CMHC site what was the purpose of your comment at #17?
A laugh, a joke and I am sorry you did not understand my wit! I am surprised that we are not allowed joke comments on the forum which I think was the idea of the thread? :unsure:

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
A laugh, a joke and I am sorry you did not understand my wit! I am surprised that we are not allowed joke comments on the forum which I think was the idea of the thread? :unsure:
Just put it down to my autism. No one has said anything about joke comments but knowing your “ love” of the CMHC I thought you had encountered problems on your new site that’s all. It’s good then that all is okay.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

Thank god for a touch of simple common sense.

Question now sorted.

John

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts