Lighter gas bottles

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Tim

I exchanged to calor light when they came on the market any product that reduce's wiehgt as got to be a good thing had them about 2 years just fill both up, They now come with gauges on to let you no when you are running low, Has for the price whats a few quid here and there if its something you need, Your local calor dealer will be the cheapest stear clear of the diy stores as they charge more for gas

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a french 10kgs lightweight bottle.

Being french, the output thread from the clip on adaptor is the same standard 20M nut that goes onto the Reg in my post 2005 van.(I have a pigtail that has a 20M nut at both ends.)

I have found that I can refill my bottle by using a British Propane bottle and using the propane pigtail attaching the 20M nut at the other end to my french bottle.

Because it is an adaptor there is no mechanics inside it and when inverted the propane in the propane bottle 'falls' into the french bottle.

I am careful not to overfill the bottle by the use of weighing scales.

When using a 19kgs propane bottle I can get two fill ups from that bottle for

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Changed to calour lite when they first came out and haven't regretted it. okay it costs a bit more, especially as hardly ever on a hook up but much easier for lifting and handling, i always take the lighter option where poss for health reasons and am prepared to pay the premium

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi Tim.

I use the 5kg size bottle and it usually lasts me a full season (march to november} but the hob on our Ace has 3gas burners and one electric which helps.

Regards Dave.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts