Lights!

Mar 10, 2022
Visit site
How easy is it to change lights ??? I have this and hate it ! I’m interested to know what would you swop for and why!?

Attachments

• F8DD9936-0AC7-46C3-9EEF-3B630130790F.png
    F8DD9936-0AC7-46C3-9EEF-3B630130790F.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
  • CE6B4CBC-16CE-4B67-A58B-93DEC934AEFD.jpeg
    CE6B4CBC-16CE-4B67-A58B-93DEC934AEFD.jpeg
    573.5 KB · Views: 31
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Well you have the 12v supply and the connector block so the choice could be endless.. Amazon for example have several listed like this for example
Dream Lighting LED Ceiling Lights 12v Caravan Interior Lighting Motorhome Campervan Boat On/off Switch Great Power Saving : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive
or LED markedly similar in appearance to what is being replaced
2 Pcs 12v-85v LED Interior Light Bar for Van, Van Interior Lights Kits 72 LED RV Ceiling Light with On/Off Switch 2 Power Extension Cords, for Car Camper Van Bus Caravan Boat Motorhome : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive
and clearly either has a switch on the unit which would operate like your current tubed variety.
Both sit compactly on the ceiling which would be a consideration to avoid 'head-hazard'.
Sounds like you have a good project on your hands to restore the once unloved van!

Reactions: DaveA1 and ISTIAWAN
Mar 10, 2022
Visit site
Oh thank you soooo much - this is what I needed !! I feel that I have a HUGEEEEE project on my hands but I am lucky to have found this site - be prepared for millions of threads and questions hahah !!:D

Mar 10, 2022
Visit site
Your threads about your caravan, is such a nice relief, more about helping people and their Practical working on their caravans.
Aww thanks - I was worried I would get laughed out of threads ;) I just want to learn and transform my little van! Hopefully by June !! Hahaha

I have a million questions! But Im trying not to take over - lol !!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Aww thanks - I was worried I would get laughed out of threads ;) I just want to learn and transform my little van! Hopefully by June !! Hahaha

I have a million questions! But Im trying not to take over - lol !!
Caŕry on that is what this Forum is really for, not just for moaning about our Costs for heating our homes. Which is allowed.😃😀

Reactions: DaveA1 and Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mrs H , liked the lights in our friends Bailey, at the front across the caravan. I managed to find a 1 metre stick on one. In Lidl, that I wired in, so Mrs H is all happy. You just have to look around for things that look right.

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Glad to discover this post because I was looking at changing at least one of the main (knackered) domes in my "new" Zenith. Dealer said something to me that the dome lights were your 240V lights and your 12V lights are the spots around the side. The dome in the living room is typical switch on the side job with G4 lamp in it. Everything about it screams 12V to me. I am looking to replace it with one of these . I am more than comfortable with electrical wiring, mains or 12V. I can verify that it's a 12V light when I visit the storage at the weekend. I presume it will work without EHU. It would seem a bit daft if it's a 12V light which only works on EHU.

Also I'm quite keen on the idea of LED strip along the front window. Might even get some neons for the underside of the van. :LOL:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Glad to discover this post because I was looking at changing at least one of the main (knackered) domes in my "new" Zenith. Dealer said something to me that the dome lights were your 240V lights and your 12V lights are the spots around the side. The dome in the living room is typical switch on the side job with G4 lamp in it. Everything about it screams 12V to me. I am looking to replace it with one of these . I am more than comfortable with electrical wiring, mains or 12V. I can verify that it's a 12V light when I visit the storage at the weekend. I presume it will work without EHU. It would seem a bit daft if it's a 12V light which only works on EHU.

Also I'm quite keen on the idea of LED strip along the front window. Might even get some neons for the underside of the van. :LOL:
Lidl do these LED stick on strips every now and again, mine are 220 volt down to whatever. But at £12 great.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Caravan scrap yards can be good places to find parts as all Adrias of that age would probably have used similar parts.

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Just thought I'd post a before and after pic of my light upgrade...

IMG_0174.jpeg

That is the "normal" look of the old light as the cover was knackered and won't stay on.

IMG_0176.jpeg

My light is connected by spade connectors. I didn't have my spade connector kit with me, but I did have my soldering iron and some heat shrink so I just reused the original ones. Bit of a daft setup, positive wire is black, although to be fair it had a tag on it saying positive, the negative was white. Still, don't know what's wrong with just having a red and black pair?! Maybe I'm just old fashioned and boring! Very pleased with the light. You just tap the middle for full light, or a second tap gives you a low level blue light, third tap for off. I think I'll also replace the other one seen in the background with one of these.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd post a before and after pic of my light upgrade...

View attachment 3009

That is the "normal" look of the old light as the cover was knackered and won't stay on.

View attachment 3010

My light is connected by spade connectors. I didn't have my spade connector kit with me, but I did have my soldering iron and some heat shrink so I just reused the original ones. Bit of a daft setup, positive wire is black, although to be fair it had a tag on it saying positive, the negative was white. Still, don't know what's wrong with just having a red and black pair?! Maybe I'm just old fashioned and boring! Very pleased with the light. You just tap the middle for full light, or a second tap gives you a low level blue light, third tap for off. I think I'll also replace the other one seen in the background with one of these.
Brilliant upgrade

TRENDING THREADS