Lightweight Caravan Awning

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
We have just bought the Harrington lightweight porch from Discovery. Its going on its first outing this weekend, so I'll let you know next week although i have nothing to compare it with other than the full size Harrington that will be staying home

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
We've got an Outdoor Revolutions Porchlight Plus. Its got three fibreglass poles and weighs about 11kg. It takes about 5 mins to erect, then another 10mins to put the pegs in. Totally waterproof - we've had it for a year now and used it in some truly horrendous weather, high winds and torrential rain. Its about 6'6 square at the base so it's big enough for a table and four chairs(without arms) to eat at. I would certainly recommend that you have a look to see if it would suit you and your van - we use it on a Pageant Provence and it fits perfectly to allow full use of the the door and rear side window.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We have a Sunncamp sceinic plus and I would recommend a lightwight awning.

The pro's are

They don't cost much

They are really easy to erect and don't take long to erect singlehandedly

They are easy to store and transport

If you get the right one it will be big enough for tables / chairs etc

In our case we use it for short breaks and use it where we would think that erecting a full size awning would be too much trouble

The cons - not many really

In windy conditions we have to be careful that the semi circular outside 'pole' doesn't damage the side of the caravan. I've overcome this possibility by using rubber suckers on either end of the pole.

I wouldn't think that they'd be suitable for long term or seasonal pitches where they had to remain up in all weather conditions.

Sometimes the door zip gets caught up in the material zip cover strip.

Gary on CCC has one advertised for sale and he seems willing to negotiate a fair price

http://www.carryoncamping.org/viewtopic.php?t=2348
Hope this helps

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi again grace. Well we put the porch awning up this weekend, easy and quick to do, even for us novices. Pleased we did though because we had an awful lot of rain and it gave us somewhere dry to leave wet coats and shoes. It was big enough to get both the chairs in but the caravan table wouldnt fit as well, so no eating out there but i should think one of those small side tables for your coffee cups would fit. We had to bring it home loose in the back of the car because it was wet but hung it over the line for a couple of hours when we got home, before folding it back up and to our surprise, it fit back into the bag first time. A bit of a miserable colour (black/grey) but for the money, (

May 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi again grace. Well we put the porch awning up this weekend, easy and quick to do, even for us novices. Pleased we did though because we had an awful lot of rain and it gave us somewhere dry to leave wet coats and shoes. It was big enough to get both the chairs in but the caravan table wouldnt fit as well, so no eating out there but i should think one of those small side tables for your coffee cups would fit. We had to bring it home loose in the back of the car because it was wet but hung it over the line for a couple of hours when we got home, before folding it back up and to our surprise, it fit back into the bag first time. A bit of a miserable colour (black/grey) but for the money, (

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts