Liguria, Italy

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
We've been going to France for years and love it. Now we're wondering about popping over the border into Italy. We can't go far (only got a fortnight and like to stay put in one place for 10 days or so). What is your experience of Liguria? What are the sites like? The facilities? I've heard Italian pitches are much smaller than in France. Any tips/ experiences, suggestions helpful. We're OK in French, but have no Italian.

We quite fancy taking 3 days or so on the way down & wandering along the med. Has anyone any better ideas? We plan to go in June.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo

We go to Italy every year. We love it. We have not stayed on the Ligurian coast as there are not many large sites and many are terraced making the pitches small and access even more difficult. However I would reccommend that you enter Italy via the Brenner pass having travelled through Germany. This would enable you to stay on Lake Garda or visit Venice. We did Garda in two good days last year from Calais. This would be a few more miles than via the south of France. Garda is beautiful and well worth a visit. We have a large twin axle van and had an excellent pitch. If you want any more details I would be happy to oblige.

Happy travels BarryB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts