Limpet Suction Cup System

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Was just wondering if anyone here has used the above suction cups to help secure the awning to the sides of the caravan.
I use the upright poles and foam but never seem to get a good seal against the sides of the van.
Any thoughts please?

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
We use them, but with decals in the way we can only manage 2 on one side and they aren't very robust, hardly last the season really, but think they may help keep a bit of draught out.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
If you do use them, make sure that the places where they will attach on the caravan is clean, and do not be tempted to either wet with water or saliva the part of the Limpet that sticks to the caravan as they could leave marks on the paintwork if you do (something that Kampa told me).

We have used them without issue so far, but you do have to be careful not to do the above or to over tighten them (which isn’t very tight) or they can break.

Jun 23, 2019
Visit site
We also found the limpets to be of poor quality. We stated with these alone but after 2 years we were left with only one working Limpet out of a pack of eight. We have upgraded to the poles however still wanted the limpets for a tidy finish and more draft proof awning. The Kampa ones seemed expensive for what they were and the quality. Therefore bought these this year and much more robust and you get twice as many for half the price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07LCGQCL3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Apart from the Kampa suckers being flimsy and breaking as mentioned by others I found them great to keep the awning in place, no marks left on the caravan that won’t clean off with the streak remover used for awning rail run off marks so I’m pleased to see the link to the pack of 20 from AMAZON, I’m impressed enough that a pack of 20 is being delivered on Sunday as I immediately ordered a pack.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I shall be giving these a good try out once they arrive as I work on cars for a living and as I work mobile I am often at the mercy of the weather, I have a tailor made rain cover that is shaped to fit onto the roof and for a section that comes out to go over the door I’m working at and hang down the side, getting it to stay in position is a nightmare, it needs to stay in place without chaffing and scratching paintwork and I’m hoping 3 or so along the roof edge and another 3 for the door and jobs a good un, I need it to not mark paintwork obviously so fingers crossed they are as good as they look and I’ll certainly pass on my verdict.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
PS the rain cover came with suction pads but these are the size of a small tea plate and the suction of these would be enough to use them to pull dents out of the cars panels so they’d definitely be strong enough to put dents in making them totally unusable.

BP

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I bought and used them but found if I tightened just enough for them to hold they left marks on the van, didn't have a problem with breakages. I intend to try the pole system instead.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My suction pads have arrived today and seem to be of a decent quality, there is a significant difference in these to the Kampa version, with the Kampa suckers the suction is increased by tightening the screw which pulls the sucker to give it a greater hold, I can only assume that as the suction increases this could possibly be the cause of the marking problem though I’d be surprised if enough suction would be there to cause any damage, the suction pads I’ve had delivered today work by simply pushing the sucker flat and that makes it stay in place, whether enough suction will be created to keep the awning tight against the caravan or for me to use it to keep my rain cover in place only trying them will decide, as I said they seem good quality and I will find out when I try them.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve just now stuck a sucker on 3 different surfaces, glass window, fridge door and a glossy cupboard door, for these to be of any use for keeping the awning in place against the caravan they ought to be still holding firm come tomorrow morning, for my usage an hour or two holding in place will be good for my rain cover but for the awning probably not going to be any use. I’ll let you know in the morning.

BP

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks BP, , I have thought about these, The poles I have used lots of times but they Bow out not sealing in the middle. SO i await your findings.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to make a note of when I put the suckers on the 3 surfaces but according to my previous post it was 11 hrs + and all 3 are attached securely, so secure that I tried to pull one off and the only way to get it off was to lift the edge of the sucker with my fingernail, my verdict is they are brilliant.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is wondering, when I looked at these online the appeared to be the same as Kampa’s with a screw piece to give it suction, there is a screw part but not for the suction but it unscrews so you can still attach it to the awning in the same way as you would with Kampa’s version, so you will need to have the means to have the eyelets punched out with the brass or plastic rings, all things considered I reckon these are plenty good enough for my rain cover and I am ordering another pack as soon as I get off here, the treatment they will get with my cover will far exceed any use with the awning so another pack will be handy to have.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Last word from me on this, I’m only giving my personal opinion so if you buy these and not suitable for your use then I can only apologise.

BP

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts