Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
why do some links cause the forum to throw a wobbly when other from the same site do not
twice I havs tried to answer a post and get the same message
" your post is in a queue and will be forwarded when moderated by the administration"

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Colin
As you know from my email I've been unable to access the forum since Thursday because of a Virgin Broadband server problem which they seem to have resolved now, so please accept my apologies for the delay before this was dealt with.
I've clicked on the boxes to publish your posts which should now be visible.
smiley-smile.gif

For the benefit of anyone wondering why some posts are sidetracked in this way, we now have an automatic filtering system to identify Spam (unauthorised advertising, inappropriate content etc;) from Ham (normal acceptable forum material)

Sometimes our system wrongly identifies normal posts from bona fide forum members which contain url links intended to help others as possible spam so the software diverts the post away from the message boards and into an approval queue.
This is not the fault of the forum member and there is nothing that could be done differently to prevent this from sometimes happening so no need to worry, just let us know if this happens to you and we'll sort it out asap.
This is a section in the CMS (content management system) which stores these posts and moderators can then decide whether the posts are genuine, in which case we click to publish, or are spam that has managed to evade automatic removal.
Mods tick the appropriate boxes, in the case of spam we ban the sender and send a report which goes to a database to help to identify undesirable forum content and to create a profile of acceptable forum posts.
This can sometimes seem a wee bit inconvenient for which we are sorry, but this forum was being targetted by automated 'spam-bots' which would have ruined the forum if they had continued.
Mods had a 24 hour a day job deleting the unwanted content before the automatic system was installed, so we are very pleased with it overall.

TRENDING THREADS