Littlehampton

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Valerie.

We have booked a weekend in early October but have not seen any feedback yet. Would imagine the facilities will be great but things like road noise etc will find out when I get there.

Andrew

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Well here we are in Littlehampton - toilets and facilities are very nice, all new, lovely showers etc.

Walkable distance to two pubs, will be eating in one tonight. Had a trip to Arundel this morning which was very nice. Littlehampton itself and the "marina with restaurants" a bit of a let down - few boats, chippie and a few cafes more like. Road noise IS a definite problem, as is train noise particularly at night.

But the worst thing is the site is big, open and not all pitches are being used at present. The kids ride round and round on bikes/scooters absolutely bellowing as loud as they can to each other, screaming, chanting... Fabulous play area on site and we purposefully did not use the last hardstanding as it was right next to the play area. However, not many kids go IN it, preferring to play ball etc. outside. Tried to have a nap this afternoon to no avail, it is just far too noisy and it goes on until about 10pm. There is a handwritten sign up by reception about children on bikes going too fast being the responsibility of parents so this is not just a one off situation it seems.

I know I'm sounding like a drip but I just cannot understand why the parents don't take the children in hand. Notices are up saying kids have to be supervised at all times but I've not seen a single parent out there.

Shame on you parents and to a certain extent shame on the wardens too, not seen one of them walking around here as the reception is sort of out of the way. Don't think we'll be coming back.

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Feel compelled to write having just had the most amazing meal at The Six Bells, right out of the site, right at the T junction, down the hill on the right hand side. Fabulous food, great ambiance, made up for the disappointment of the site. If we are in the area again in the future we will definitely be going back. Try it, you won't be disappointed...

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Valerie.

Thanks for the update on Littlehampton. We will eat where you did when we go in Oct. Hopefully not so many kids. We were at Circencester where I think dogs outnumbered humans!!! Site up to normall CC standards but I wish people would attempt to stop there dogs yapping everytime someone walks past there pitch!!!

Andrew

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts