Locating and changing water filter

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just to add if using Milton be very careful if you have a steel sink as apparently Milton can leave a stain on the metal and this stain cannot be removed. We use Puriclean and sterilise the waste water and aquarolls about once a year. We only sterilise the caravan system once every 2 - 3 years as we don't drink water from it. As Damien has stated dump the filter and get on with enjoying yourself.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I’ve been away and continued drinking our water direct from the caravan taps , exactly as we have done since 1978. TW (touch wood) we’re still here :cheer:
As for alleged hazards from poisoning using a gas kettle on the hob GMS ( Give me strength).
We have an onboard pump. Our filter is in the entry pipe that sits in the aqua roll. This gets changed twice a year. When cleaning Milton does the job with filter removed.
Just a note for those with caravans still under warranty. Using the water system with the filter removed may invalidate your warranty if say the pump or taps fail prematurely. Best check with both zdealer and manufacturer.
TTFN.....

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
I’ve been away and continued drinking our water direct from the caravan taps , exactly as we have done since 1978. TW (touch wood) we’re still here :cheer:
As for alleged hazards from poisoning using a gas kettle on the hob GMS ( Give me strength).
We have an onboard pump. Our filter is in the entry pipe that sits in the aqua roll. This gets changed twice a year. When cleaning Milton does the job with filter removed.
Just a note for those with caravans still under warranty. Using the water system with the filter removed may invalidate your warranty if say the pump or taps fail prematurely. Best check with both zdealer and manufacturer.
TTFN.....
Dusty
I think that your a bit behind the saga of the kettle. But I agree with you on water from site supplies as being fit to drink. Although some areas do have different tastes but nothing like the water fountains on Delhi main railway station.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Dustydog said:
TTFN.....

Is the above also TIC?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have to disagree with those of you who at complaining about the content of my posting. There are dangers associated with caravan pipework, but I was also quite clear about the low risks of UK tap water.

All too often people ask for advice and get a an uninformative one line answer, and in caravanning circles there are plenty of "traditional answers" which simply don't withstand logical review.

Judging by the number of thank you's I receive - usually from the person raising the question, (And others who may read them) the added detail is appreciated. For those who feel its over the top, then don't bother to read my answers, but equally don't post negative comments. By all means challenge any factual errors you think I've made.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
I have to disagree with those of you who at complaining about the content of my posting. There are dangers associated with caravan pipework, but I was also quite clear about the low risks of UK tap water.

All too often people ask for advice and get a an uninformative one line answer, and in caravanning circles there are plenty of "traditional answers" which simply don't withstand logical review.

Judging by the number of thank you's I receive - usually from the person raising the question, (And others who may read them) the added detail is appreciated. For those who feel its over the top, then don't bother to read my answers, but equally don't post negative comments. By all means challenge any factual errors you think I've made.

I have just re-read this thread and no where is any one complaining about the content of any of your posts, but rather thanking you? Not sure why you are now complaining?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts