Loch Lomond

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Heading up to Scotland soon, has anyone used the road alongside of Loch Lomond recently (A82)? is it still as narrow and caravan un-friendly as I remember it 10 years ago,

thanks, Roy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi there,

the A82 ( Loch Lomond road )is fine until you reach Tarbet at the northern end and from then on it is still desperately in need of widening.

Let us know where you are going and see if we can find a better route.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The alternative is A84/A85 from Stirling to Crianlarich.

The A82 alonside Loch Lomond between Tarbet and Crianlarich is best avoided in June, July and August but isn't too bad at other times.

The lay-bys on the A82 between Alexandria and Tarbet make good temporary stops, breakfast overlooking Loch Lomond is something special!

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi there,

the A82 ( Loch Lomond road )is fine until you reach Tarbet at the northern end and from then on it is still desperately in need of widening.

Let us know where you are going and see if we can find a better route.
Thanks Maureen, coming up from the south (M74) heading for Glencoe

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I will Lisa it's hidden in my little girls Tweenies bag. Did you get your alloy wheel sorted?
Hi Roy

Nice to hear from you. Not really. Bought some T cut and tried that but that didn't work. A chap at work is having a mobile alloy repairer person out to fix his wife's alloys. I'll see what the end result is like then I might have him too.

Made a right mess of my alloy, took some tread off the tyre. Got the Green Flag out and the chap said the tyre is legal.

Did you have a good holiday? We did, booked the same place for three weeks next Aug. Off to Brecon in October.

Oh, my dog fell off the path into the harbour at Fowey. She's ok though!!

Lisa x

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roy

Nice to hear from you. Not really. Bought some T cut and tried that but that didn't work. A chap at work is having a mobile alloy repairer person out to fix his wife's alloys. I'll see what the end result is like then I might have him too.

Made a right mess of my alloy, took some tread off the tyre. Got the Green Flag out and the chap said the tyre is legal.

Did you have a good holiday? We did, booked the same place for three weeks next Aug. Off to Brecon in October.

Oh, my dog fell off the path into the harbour at Fowey. She's ok though!!

Lisa x
Hi Lisa, had a great holiday the only problem was that I took a wrong turning and ended up in the centre of St Ives and if you've ever been there trying to thread the caravan through the narrow streets was a nightmare and why you get such dirty looks from the other drivers is beyond me.

If you have no joy with your wheel try Car Medic www.carmedicltd.co.uk they do mobile cosmetic repairs to paintwork and also do alloys it is a franchise so you are bound to have an operator in your area.Sorry to hear about your dog I hope she's not to traumatized by her swim, it's just the type of thing that my dog would do.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa, had a great holiday the only problem was that I took a wrong turning and ended up in the centre of St Ives and if you've ever been there trying to thread the caravan through the narrow streets was a nightmare and why you get such dirty looks from the other drivers is beyond me.

If you have no joy with your wheel try Car Medic www.carmedicltd.co.uk they do mobile cosmetic repairs to paintwork and also do alloys it is a franchise so you are bound to have an operator in your area.Sorry to hear about your dog I hope she's not to traumatized by her swim, it's just the type of thing that my dog would do.
Hi Roy

Thanks for the advice on the alloys. I'll look into it next month. Got to pay my daughter's mobile phone bill -

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
The A82 as far as Tarbet is fine now. However if you arecontinuing on the A82 from Tarbet to Crainlarich this bit of road is very narrow and busy with coach traffic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts