Lock N Level Twin Axle Purchase

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
We are now thinking of purchasing the Lock N Level Twin Axle version, after everyone hyping it up last year :)

We have a few Amazon vouchers to use up, and wondering if buying from LeisureShopDirect on Amazon UK, would give us the same long term warranty than buying straight from LockNLevel?

I have read this company is very good at fixing issues, even if some of their equipment is out of warranty, which is fantastic and good to hear.

They do however have it for sale on Amazon at £269, which is £30 more than buying from the LockNLevel website :(

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I suspect you don't understand the difference between a manufacturer's warranty and your statutory rights as a retail consumer with The Consumer Rights Act (CRA).

To specifically respond to your question, which is basically will you still get the full manufacturers warranty if you buy through Amazon. The answer is not always. I suggest you contact the manufacturer to confirm their position about their goods sold through Amazon. I offer this suggestion becasue I am aware of at least one manufacturer that will not offer a manufacturer's warranty for their goods sold through Amazon.

The reason it can happen is the Manufacture is not legally obliged to offer a warranty to the end user as they have no contract with you (Unless they sell direct). Your contract is with the retailer. However many companies do offer a Manufacturers warranty, but becasue it's not a legal requirement, they can decide if they want to restrict the offer, and it can be becasue of whom you may have purchased it from. They are perfectly entitled to do that.

Therefore to get specific clarification you will need to check with the manufacturer.

Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You are paying the extra on Amazon to cover transport costs. We have often found it cheaper to buy elsewhere even with a delivery cost. Amazon is often not the best place to buy quality goods i.e. +£100 at a reasonable price.

Reactions: Saxo Appeal and PTA
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Contacted Lock N Level and they confirmed it will be covered by a 2 year Warranty :)

So that's 1 year with Amazon, 2nd with Lock N Level although I could go to LNL during the 1st also.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

So that's 1 year with Amazon, 2nd with Lock N Level although I could go to LNL during the 1st also.
Well that's partly right. If you buy from Amazon (or any other retailer) , the seller may have their own corporate warranty policy, but that policy cannot override your Statutory Rights as defined in the Consumer Rights Act.

You should also be aware that Amazon also operates as a marketplace like a shop window for independent traders, and if you choose one of their products, the warranty liability will be with the trader and not Amazon.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You should also be aware that Amazon also operates as a marketplace like a shop window for independent traders, and if you choose one of their products, the warranty liability will be with the trader and not Amazon.
A lot of people are not aware of the above. We learnt that lesson a long time ago so excellent advice.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
A lot of people are not aware of the above. We learnt that lesson a long time ago so excellent advice.
yep, learned that one the hard way. Traders on Amazon disappear over night when you have a claim, so I now always check to see if I am actually buying from Amazon!

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Well that's partly right. If you buy from Amazon (or any other retailer) , the seller may have their own corporate warranty policy, but that policy cannot override your Statutory Rights as defined in the Consumer Rights Act.

Ah yes that’s correct, I’m always buying from Amazon, but on this occasion the first year warranty will be with LeisureShop, then LockNLevel.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
It can work both ways. I once purchased a towing cover (no names). It caused slight damage to the van and also it frayed. I called the manufacturer who were difficult to deal with and did not want to know. As I had purchased it through Amazon, because it was cheaper, I complained to them. I had a full refund immediately plus return postage.

But it does not always work that way.

It seems dear to me, I purchased a single axle when they first came out, and it seemed a fair price, but this seems dear to me, in fact, they have gone up £20 from September.

I found that it worked OK but a tad slow. But what I did not like was the bounce it introduced. I fixed this by using a basic scissor jack under the chassis once raised.

John

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Just had a thought,

This device is only going to be extrmely useful for applying both locks if the caravan is needs raised on that side.
If however it's on the other side, your still going to have the issue if applying the second wheel lock, if that's what you need to fit. I suppose in this instance, I would only fit one Alko Lock to the twin, if the LNL was on the opposite side.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just had a thought,

This device is only going to be extrmely useful for applying both locks if the caravan is needs raised on that side.
If however it's on the other side, your still going to have the issue if applying the second wheel lock, if that's what you need to fit. I suppose in this instance, I would only fit one Alko Lock to the twin, if the LNL was on the opposite side.
Does your insurance stipulate two locks to be fitted?

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I had the Lock & Level for a twin axle and as a levelling aid it was brilliant. I fitted a 12 volt socket in the battery box to run the compressor from the off side. My insurance policy was done without claiming the Alko lock discount so I used a Milenco wheel lock on site.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
I’m still on the fence with the cost and what it does, and how it’s made of…..has anyone else been in the same situation?

It raises the caravan, which may or may not be required depending on the pitch….thats it :p

Really think this should be priced around the £180-£200, or am I wrong….:unsure:

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I also found the cost hard to swallow but once bought I was glad of it as even hard standing pitches can be uneven and I hate a caravan not being level. I used a couple of rubber car mats under it to protect it from any sharp stones.
Now we’ve switched back to a single axle I use a ramp, I sold the Lock & Level on EBAY.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I’m still on the fence with the cost and what it does, and how it’s made of…..has anyone else been in the same situation?

It raises the caravan, which may or may not be required depending on the pitch….thats it :p

Really think this should be priced around the £180-£200, or am I wrong….:unsure:
When we bought for our twin axle I think the cost was about £100 way back when it first came out. It is a very robust piece of kit, but not worth £240. I never realised it had more than doubled in price in 10 years!

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Yes it went up in price last year due to manufacturing costs, I think they are pricing it too high and £199.95 would be the bite point.

Not sure what the ‘lifetime of service’ means in that paragraph though…along with 2 year warranty

“All LocknLevels will continue to come with a 2 year warranty as standard and remain fully serviceable for the lifetime of the product

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Yes it went up in price last year due to manufacturing costs, I think they are pricing it too high and £199.95 would be the bite point.

Not sure what the ‘lifetime of service’ means in that paragraph though…along with 2 year warranty

“All LocknLevels will continue to come with a 2 year warranty as standard and remain fully serviceable for the lifetime of the product
I remember reading that when I had one. I think it means that if something goes wrong (valve etc) then it can be replaced rather than throwing the whole thing away. Not sure if replacing the actual air bag would be cost effective though. It's one of those gadgets that really does seem a huge chunk of money, but after I'd used it a couple of times I was glad I bought it, some of the CL's we went on made it a massive help.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Ok checked with the boss ;)

It states we need a lock (doesn’t stipulate 2) while it’s stored or on a campsite
That’s what mine was. If I used 2 x Alko locks I could have claimed a discount but the discount would take 10 years to be worthwhile against the price of 2 x Alko locks.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That’s what mine was. If I used 2 x Alko locks I could have claimed a discount but the discount would take 10 years to be worthwhile against the price of 2 x Alko locks.
I did the same as you based on the insurance discount and conditions not making it worthwhile. Alko at home or in storage, lighter Milenco when on site. Alko got carried in the car just in case circumstances required me to use it.

Reactions: GaryB
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I did the same as you based on the insurance discount and conditions not making it worthwhile. Alko at home or in storage, lighter Milenco when on site. Alko got carried in the car just in case circumstances required me to use it.

I managed to buy a second hand Alko from EBay which I used at home along with a Milenco. I thought that 2 x locks plus 101 other devices would be mandatory when we had the twin axle but the CAMHC insurance was quite relaxed, you only NEED certain devices if you claim the discount.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts