Underwood

BANNED
Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
What device are you using to access the internet and which browser? If you are using broadband, what speed is it?

I access these forums normally via an iMac desktop computer or occasionally via an IPad tablet, using the Safari browser or sometimes Chrome and using a broadband connection with a download speed of 35Mbps to 55Mbps and an upload speed of 12Mbps to 18Mbps. Logging in occurs virtually immediately, and equally rapidly when I log out.

I’ve not tried using these forums via my iPhone 7 as it’s such a miserable experience, but I would not anticipate logging in or out being slow.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Why bother logging out? Unless your machine (or whatever) is open to the public if you and SWMBO are the only users then don't bother. I don't.

Underwood

BANNED
Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
A fair question, but it does not directly address bertieboy1’s complaint that he finds that logging out of these forums takes a long time. (It would be worth him saying how long “a long time” is and whether a similar lengthy delay occurs when he logs in.) As I have said, for me logging out and in is immediate.

When a device used to access the internet begins to show signs of dragging its heels, it is generally suggested that ‘browsing data' (cookies) and the device’s cache be cleared and stored history be deleted.

https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic

There will be knock-on effects doing this, but it normally speeds things up.

Mar 1, 2020
Visit site
As a matter of interest I have exactly the same problem as Bertieboy. Login is instant but I've never managed to log out yet. After what seems an eternity but is probably about 30 seconds I give up and close the window. I don't have the same problem with other applications.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
I would recommend the free Glary Utilities for tidying things up. Once loaded click on the 1-click maintenance tab, then untick Registry clean up (top item) and disk repair, then scan. You might get a shock how many errors and how much space is wasted by Internet temp files that have not been removed! Use it once a quarter and your machine will gallop continuously.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts