Long and narrow caravan

Sep 25, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys and girls!

New to the caravan scene, haven’t bought one yet as my girlfriend and I are looking to move back to her parents early next year, the reason for this being we want to save for a deposit on our first home! Renting the flat we are in and saving just isn’t working! (Surprise surprise)

We are looking for advice on long but narrow caravans as we have around 7ft maximum width to work with but around 25ft length. We have two cats and both work different shifts so it would’ve nice to have a decent sitting area and fixed bed that are a decent distance away from each other. water isn’t a massive issue as we can use the bathroom facilities in the house. Ideally we’re looking for something longer than 18ft

The reason we are not moving back into the house is my partners father has a dog and unfortunately it just won’t get on with our two cats, there’s no way I’m keeping them in a double bedroom for a year or more.

Any advice would be much appreciated as we’ve come to a dead end on our search.

Thanks in advance

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your initial problem will be the width you have available.
Most caravans are 7ft6in wide and up to 8ft wide.

I do not know of any vans less than 7ft in width.

Sep 25, 2019
Visit site
Thanks Damian,

We may be able to do some moving around to gain a few inches but do you know of any caravans under 7ft 6 preferably with the requirements listed above?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. Welcome to the forum. If you put; Caravan 7 feet 3 inches wide, into Google; you will find an old thread on ukcampsite.co.uk. In which a number of makes are mentioned. All older vans, but I assume that you are looking at cheap and cheerful, given your saving requirements.
Good luck
Mel

Edit. Bit more Googling on your behalf would suggest a Lunar Quaser is in your width range. You might want to look at Lunar Arriva’s as well. Haven’t checked them out.

Further Edit. Also look at Avondale. There is an Avondale centurion on eBay that is 2.22 m wide for example.
Also if you go on Caravan Talk forum ( sorry everyone :blush: ). There is a database of Caravan specs so you can check out width, length etc.

Assuming you are not going to be towing it yourself because I am guessing that you are only 30 and therefore passed your test after 1997. If you are planning to tow it yourself, then you are going to have to factor in combined weight of towcar and caravan as a 3500kg maximum.

Is there such a job as Personal Caravan Shopper, because I would be up for it B)

Sep 25, 2019
Visit site
Thankyou so much for your detailed reply and research! Much appreciated

And in regards to the personal caravan shopper I would be more than happy to pay for your caravan shopping and research expertise :) :)

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Newbie89.....
You say you have 2 cats and both work different shifts!!!!!!!!

Youve certainly got them well trained :)

Sorry....but couldnt resist.

Good luck with your search though

Sep 25, 2019
Visit site
We certainly do, but don’t be fooled they are in the night shift mode so when I’m sleeping and the Mrs is at work they’re up play fighting and generally making a nuisance of themselves :woohoo: I’ve learned to live with it though and the other half only works 3 nights a week so it’s not all that bad :)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am assuming you are looking at a secondhand model. If so there are plenty of models from almost all makers that will fit the bill at around 6' 2" or 3" although that would leave very little clearance either side so you would need to check if it is feasible to get one in. If there are walls both sides the door would be a problem, and any slopes could make life difficult unless you have someone very good at reversing it in. One with a mover fitted might be the best bet if you can find one in your price bracket though.

Sep 25, 2019
Visit site
Thanks Raywood

I’ll have to have a look around and maybe see if there’s any manufacturers specification tables for width and length with interior to suit our needs. The driveway is very level and one side is fenced, although It’s the neighbours fence and I don’t fancy asking them
If I can move it over and then having the hassle of digging the posts out etc

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts