Long Stay In France And Spain

tel

May 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We would like to spend 8-10 weekstouring with our twin axle caravan. We are newcomers to caravaning so any help or advice would be very helpfull. We would like to get to the coast asap and then head towards spain from there I think we will play it by ear. We plan to leave the UK in October and try to grab some sun.....

Thanking you in antisipation.

Terry Rich

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have toured through France, Spain & Portugal for the last few winters. Beats sitting here in the cold & wet, although one year we got washed out in Portugal in February!!

How can we help...do you want routes through to Spain, or winter touring tips in general?

We tend to go quite quickly through France, as it can be as wet & windy as England, until about March, when it becomes glorious. We use the motorways, if the weather is not brilliant, or if you have a long way to tow, its well worth it, the motorways are nearly empty....they are all nearly all toll, but we just factor the money into our finances.

Spain is Brilliant, the best route takes you through Salamanca & Evora, then you can either turn south for the Algarve, or head for Lisbon..a beautiful city.

Portugal has its own version of the Caravan Club...called Orbitur, free to join if you are 60+ and their sites are great.

I've babbled on long enough, let me know what else you would like to know, we'll see if we can help.

PS Make it before Monday, as we are off to France for a month...lucky us!!

TRENDING THREADS