longleat caravan club site

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi jo-anne, we stayed there last year for a week. It is a lovely site, up to usual CC standards and just a short walk away from all the Longleat attractions. We will certainly be going back. There is so much to see and do at Longleat you will hardly need the car, except for the safari park. The drive in is rather long and winding but dont't worry you do get there in the end, just follow the signs.

Feb 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi jo-anne, its a fab site its location is perfect for the attractions,you only need the car for the safari, our kids love it there, if you shop at tesco you can exchange your clubcard vouchers into those deals longleat is on the list so helps cut the cost down too

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi jo-anne, its a fab site its location is perfect for the attractions,you only need the car for the safari, our kids love it there, if you shop at tesco you can exchange your clubcard vouchers into those deals longleat is on the list so helps cut the cost down too
Hi Jo-Anne,

Longleat Safari Park has got a large double-decker bus that you can go around the park in not sure of the cost but the monkeys can be very destructive with your car and you do get a good view of the animals in the bus plus an interesting commentary.Happy caravanning.Jim

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi, we are stopping at Longleat cc on route back from Cornwall in August. We have done this in the past. Longleat is lovely cc site. We pitch the caravan then go for a walk in the grounds of Longleat. Relaxing after the journey up. Lots to see and do. We were advised by some other caravanners we met in Cornwall not to take the car around the safari park, to use the bus instead. The monkeys are very good at getting things off cars. We book the bus first thing in the morning for later in the day, another tip we were given. We are going to do this again. We like the site etc and so do the kids. Annette

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Annette

we are going to Longleat in the summer for 5 days! do you mean they have thier own bus thats goes round and does the safari!!???? must admit sounds a great idea if so and I'll be using that !!

Tina x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tina,

When are you going to Longleat? My son and his family are going from Scotland in July.It's been on my list to visit for ages but haven't managed to get there yet.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Maureen

we are at Longleat 7th August, going there after a week in Woodlands Leisure park in Devon ! Cant Wait ! Your son is probably going to beat me to it so you may get a review off him !

So many places to go is'nt there with not enough time off work,lol!

Thas why we're doing two sites this summer !

Tina x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tina,

We're lucky enough to be retired,so our time is now our own :eek:)

( multiple smiley thingys )

Son is going in July ,so will let you know what he thinks of Longleat.

The only drawback for us is that Scotland is a long drive to get to anywhere :eek:)

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Excellent well kept site. Just spent weekend there - plenty to do. Longleat house and attractions 5 mins walk. Save money and buy Longleat vouchers via Tesco clubcard vouchers scheme.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
I stayed at Longleat last summer, and it was possibly the best CC site I've ever been on. The pitch backed onto a view of a small waterfall from the big lake, and the miniture steam train ran past the back of the van. (Only during opening hours). Mobile phone signal was ZERO on Orange, and I had to use a pay phone!

Great site, will go back. If you go in the house, take the tour around Lord Baths private appartments, you may even see him as he does still live at Longleat!

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Annette

we are going to Longleat in the summer for 5 days! do you mean they have thier own bus thats goes round and does the safari!!???? must admit sounds a great idea if so and I'll be using that !!

Tina x
Hi The bus stop for the safari bus was near the maze last time we stopped at Longleat. The bus gets busy, so book first thing in the morning for later in the day. Annette

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts