Lots of stock available

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just been perusing a German dealerships offerings. 878 caravans/ motorhomes available in stock. Probably not that many in the whole of UK

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thats a lot of moneys worth of stock to be holding. Given that there has been a mad rush on caravans and motorgnomes during Covid, I wonder what there stock levels were prior to the rush. Im in the wrong business.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thats a lot of moneys worth of stock to be holding. Given that there has been a mad rush on caravans and motorgnomes during Covid, I wonder what there stock levels were prior to the rush. Im in the wrong business.
I wonder if there has been the rush to buy in Germany? But whatever you’re right that’s an awful lot of capital tied up, plus the land, facilities and staff to look after it. Guess these days even if you got a good price to buy one the import duties could be high. No idea what they would be.

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Been upto Chorley today to have our Border Terrier groomed, decided to visit the Dealership there, very little for sale, lots of vans on the lot but all sold.
We were going to swap this year but it can wait until the situation settles somewhat.

Kev

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Some friends of ours wanted a caravan in 2014 and I gave them
lots of advice, took them to CCC Devizes which impressed them. They then bought a nice Sportage, but that’s where the venture ended. Now with uncertainty over holidays etc they have had a large holiday to Canada and the USA cancelled last year and this, so it’s now 2022. So unbeknown to us they started to think about motorhomes and hired a Autotrail 4 berth about three weeks ago. They enjoyed the four nights away in Devon so the husband was planning to buy a MH this coming winter, but between then they would look around to see what they like. Last week they went to Reading to look at a Autotrail EKS two berth. Net result the wife said “ no more mucking about we aren’t getting younger, buy it”. So now they are the proud owners of a MH 2011 costing £37k against its original price of around £46k. But the new equivalent is over £60k. But it is a very nice MH in lovely condition and low mileage They are now wrestling with payload as it only has 285kg above MRO before it reaches 3500 kg limit. But shocked when I suggested the passenger is part of payload along with the hound, and hubby at 110kg is taking 35kg of payload up. Shock horror 🤞🤞🤞

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Been upto Chorley today to have our Border Terrier groomed, decided to visit the Dealership there, very little for sale, lots of vans on the lot but all sold.
We were going to swap this year but it can wait until the situation settles somewhat.

Kev
Hi Kev What are we looking at next ?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Some friends of ours wanted a caravan in 2014 and I gave them
lots of advice, took them to CCC Devizes which impressed them. They then bought a nice Sportage, but that’s where the venture ended. Now with uncertainty over holidays etc they have had a large holiday to Canada and the USA cancelled last year and this, so it’s now 2022. So unbeknown to us they started to think about motorhomes and hired a Autotrail 4 berth about three weeks ago. They enjoyed the four nights away in Devon so the husband was planning to buy a MH this coming winter, but between then they would look around to see what they like. Last week they went to Reading to look at a Autotrail EKS two berth. Net result the wife said “ no more mucking about we aren’t getting younger, buy it”. So now they are the proud owners of a MH 2011 costing £37k against its original price of around £46k. But the new equivalent is over £60k. But it is a very nice MH in lovely condition and low mileage They are now wrestling with payload as it only has 285kg above MRO before it reaches 3500 kg limit. But shocked when I suggested the passenger is part of payload along with the hound, and hubby at 110kg is taking 35kg of payload up. Shock horror 🤞🤞🤞
OC, how can you be so cruel. !!!
My nephew has just bought a New Camper Van £60k. Max weight 3500kg. But a huge payload of 365kg. Learning curve for him. About what not to carry.

received_722377368455371.jpeg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts