low moor whitby

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello, has anyone been to this site, we may be going at weekend, whats it like getting there, we will be coming from wakefield, i know theres no toilet block, we just want something a bit quiet, hopefully, thankyou

Aug 27, 2007
Visit site
Dead easy to get to, M1/A1, take A64 bypassing York to Malton then A169. The only problem is the VERY steep hill at Sleights. If you are looking for a quiet site try Runswick Bay, 9 miles/20 mins drive north. The site is run by two brothers, Malcolm and Michael. Very tidy and quiet site out of school holidays, situated on the Cleveland way, beautiful scenery and two pubs in nearby Hinderwell, about 20 mins walk. I first went there as a chid with my parents about 30 years ago and have been back at least once a year ever since. Regards. J.H.S.

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Low Moor is a very pleasant quiet site with lots of walks from the site. I can't recall any pubs or shops within walking distance though. It's only a short drive to Whitby which is always a good place to wander. ( Park in the Co-op on the harbour and you get a couple of hours free if you spend x amount).

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Low Moor is a very pleasant quiet site with lots of walks from the site. I can't recall any pubs or shops within walking distance though. It's only a short drive to Whitby which is always a good place to wander. ( Park in the Co-op on the harbour and you get a couple of hours free if you spend x amount).
thankyou, im just about to book it, fortunately dont need any pubs,

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Whilst in Whitby visit the Magpie Resturant.

The fishermans Pie is spot on!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ed,

If the weather stays dry, try Rosedale Abbey at Pickering. It too has no toilet block and tends to be quieter than Low Moor. Its situated in a nice village with tea room, bakery, paper shop etc. You need the car at Low Moor as there is nothing within walking distance.

Rosedale also avoids the hairpin bend and steep hill at Sleights. To be fair its neither cause a problem as long as you take them steady.

Low Moor has some cracking views over the Moors from the back of the site.

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
thankyou everyone, we did go to low moor. just returned, the weather was perfect, we were at the back of the site, brilliant dog walk, thankyou ian, we will be trying rosedale abbey possibly in the next couple of weeks,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts