LPG Gas powered hairdryer

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
During a recent visit to a CL without any electric, my wife met a lady who claimed to have a gas powered ladies hairdryer. Any one know anything about such a tool?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not that I'm vain or anything, there's more to life than drying your hair but I did a bit of research on this.

I couldn't find any gas powered hair dryers, only gas powered curling tongs and straighteners.

Tell your wife to let her hair dry naturally, much better than using a hair dryer. Then, tart up as necessary using tongs or straighteners.

Lisa

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lisa

I've seen gas (Braun) curling tongs but not straighteners. I'd love to find the straighteners. Do you know what makes are available.

Denise

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denise

Braun Straight and Shape Cord Free gas powered straighteners but I've done a search and the reviews arn't good. They're all saying gas powered doesn't work as good as those which use mains electricity. However, I guess it depends on your hair type too.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Morco, who I think are now defunct used to make a "gas powered hairdaryer". It actually sat on the gas burner and heated fins in the machine. An electric fan then blew air over the fins and voila gas heated hair dryer. These were about in the early seventies so maybe the woman had one from then.

Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our business supplies to the hair and beauty trade, and over the years people have tried gas powered appliances,none have been succesful, there are some curling tongs available for retail, ie Argos , Currys etc, but the professionals always use electric,there are some straighteners available in the trade that are rechargeable, but they need recharging from the mains after every use, so sorry girls it is either mains or the wash and wear look in the caravan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts