lunar chateau

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
just put a deposit (credit card )on a 2003 lunar chateau with a main dealer of lunar's, after paying the deposit he informs me that the caravan isn't national caravan certificated nor cris registered , he doesn't think this is a problem but me & my wife do.....what do you think?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You got a problem!! My understanding is that all new-ish caravans have to be CRIS registered. I would suggest that you cancel the deal - I think you would have a right to in this case. Refer the matter to the Police as it's probably been stolen. If you do go ahead with the deal you will probably not be able to insure it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Big Pete, you say that it is a main Lunar dealer selling the van so it is unlikely to be stolen. Can he tell you why it is not NCC certified and it's history? I think that you can retro register with CHRIS but you could ask them.

There are a lot of vans that are bought on the continent and then brought to the UK that are not NCC registered. Thhis particular Lunar may have been made for the continental market as I have seen them for sale new in France.

At the end of the day it is up to you, If you have any doubts then pull out as it will only worry you in the long run. I think that in the circumstances you have grounds for getting your deposit back if you withdraw.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts