I have a lunar clubman 400/2 and the electrics are missing,

I've just brought a consumer unit and its the wrong thing,

Mine caravan has got 4 male plug socket things and a couple of other wires,

Can anyone tell me what I want?????,

Thanks In Advance,

Ed

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Seriously, get an electrician. If you are unable to choose the correct consumer unit how could you be expected to fit a new one.

John

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can you phone a friend who a (electrician) then you will know what consumer unit you require for a Lunar Clubman 400/2

Unless the electrician is very familiar with caravan electrics, then he would not have a clue what fits, and more importantly what is suitable.

Most auto electricians or domestic electricians would not have a clue.

E Greening

BANNED
Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
Unless the electrician is very familiar with caravan electrics, then he would not have a clue what fits, and more importantly what is suitable.

Most auto electricians or domestic electricians would not have a clue.
Thanks,
I know that and I can't afford an electrican as can scrap for £600 and there would be a big bill so it would write it self off,

Thanks,
Ed

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Given what you have said I think the very best thing you can do is scrap it.
Anything else is going to cost you money which you cannot recover.

E Greening

BANNED
Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
Given what you have said I think the very best thing you can do is scrap it.
Anything else is going to cost you money which you cannot recover.
I can probably make £1,500 sold all working,
Its such a shame to scarp as such a good caravan,
It only needs a consumer unit that fits as I can fit myself,
As i said I've been in touch with BCA

Thanks In Advance
Ed

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I can probably make £1,500 sold all working,
Its such a shame to scarp as such a good caravan,
It only needs a consumer unit that fits as I can fit myself,
As i said I've been in touch with BCA

Thanks In Advance
Ed
Can you answer a few questions please?
Are you a qualified caravan mechanic? (Obviously not by the questions you are asking. )
Are you having the van serviced before you sell it on to an unsuspecting family? (Obviously not because you need to make a profit out of some poor soul )
Do you know the history of the van? (Obviously not as you got it FREE)!
What area are you from, We all need to warn potential purchasers there's a potential death trap heading for the road!

Sorry if it's harsh but is this why us caravaners get bad name?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Why are you asking theese questons???????????????

Ed
Firstly:Lets just start with a simple observation shall we, why was the caravan Free to collector?
Second: I worry this van on the road will be an accident waiting to happen, and some poor soul will lose £1500.00

Please,Please prove me wrong-------if you can!!

E Greening

BANNED
Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
Um It was free to collectoor because it was at some caravan storage person and they wanted to get it gone but obviosuly they took all the good bits but interior is good I've had some good night sleeps in it done up it is gorgeous needs new tyres but it'll be fine!!!
why question it????

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Just because you have had some good nights sleep in it, it doesnt make it a road worthy van!!
Have you had it serviced? (obviously not)
If they took the good bits did they take the brake pads, have they disconnected the hand brake, etc etc etc ? DO YOU REALLY KNOW?
Has the gas system been checked???

Ed I'm sorry but we welcome responsible newbies on here who want to join the caravan fraternity, but you obviously want to make a quick buck.
Oh and you still haven't answered the above questions!!!

Reactions: Parksy

E Greening

BANNED
Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all I towed it all the way to dorset steam fair & back so it works !|!!!

Whybe so mean no-one likes a meany

E Greening

BANNED
Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
Just because you have had some good nights sleep in it, it doesnt make it a road worthy van!!
Have you had it serviced? (obviously not)
If they took the good bits did they take the brake pads, have they disconnected the hand brake, etc etc etc ? DO YOU REALLY KNOW?
Has the gas system been checked???

Ed I'm sorry but we welcome responsible newbies on here who want to join the caravan fraternity, but you obviously want to make a quick buck.
Oh and you still haven't answered the above questions!!!
It has been towed many a time it all works its simply the parts I said!!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all I towed it all the way to dorset steam fair & back so it works !|!!!

Whybe so mean no-one likes a meany
Read my last post I actually apologised to you!!

But again JUST because you have slept in it and towed it
IT DOESNT MAKE IT A ROADWORTHY SAFE HABITABLE VAN..END OFF.

E Greening

BANNED
Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
Say what you like
It is road worth and if you are a decent bloke you wouldn't be asking these questions,
As I've said what do you get from critisize others???

It's not nice,
You don't even know why I'm selling,
It's not nice to pick on people and you don't even know their social circimstances!!!

Ed

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
OK, Having done some digging I am now shutting this topic as the OP has been less than honest with what and how the van has come into his ownership.
Taken from another Forum:

We collect free to collector caravans and scrap them & the person with this one said it was stripped inside however all that was missing was The Electrics, Toilet, Cascade Carver Heater & Oven got most of parts but not consumer unit & cascade carver heater.
I got it about 2 years ago but have decide to sell so need to fit the electrics first as they where all missing,

As this is obviously a business, then to sell the van any work done on it MUST be done by certified engineers, particularly Gas and Electrics, both must be inspected and certified.
The questions asked were very relevant and the replies were not acceptable in any form.

As the topic is now descending into something which not acceptable the topic is done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts