Lunar Delta T1

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
This has rather caught our eye. We currently have a 2010 Swift Challenger with fixed bed end washroom layout which, in fairness, we are very happy with. However, having seen the Lunar Delta T1 and Swift Conqueror with fixed traverse bed end washroom layout - we have fallen rather hard for the Lunar Delta. The idea of him not having to scramble over me to get out of bed is quite pleasant (scary in the middle of the night with ear plugs in when you are suddenly squashed as he exits the bed!). The lounge seems more spacious in the Lunar than the Conqueror as does the front bed when made up - and the fact that the fixed bed is in one piece appeals more than having to slot the extra bit in ... however, there are pros and cons to both vans as I prefer the glass surround on the Swift by the cooker and the built in draining board but could do without quite happily. By no means will we rush out and exchange our van, but I would like to hear from anyone with experience of having a T1 as to how it is. We have a Sorento so towing would not be a problem as I believe it's only 50kg or so heavier than what we are currently towing (forgive me if I've got that wrong). Hope to hear your views. LIsa.

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Lisa
as you can see from my signiture that we have a 2011 Conqueror 645 towed by a Sorento. When we purchased the van we were very much TDI or 645 and to be perfectly honest there was nothing between them, the deciding factor for us was the new shape swift. And yes it's great not to have to climb over each other (or is it!) to get to the bathroom.
go for it you will love the extra space and will have no issue towing it with the sorento

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks TonyG ... I think we will wait for another year and then look to go for one at a year or so old ... nothing wrong with ours at the moment, just coming up to 3 years old and just had a service which it passed with flying colours. Thanks for the advice - and will let you know if things develop!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Just had a look at the Lunar on t'internet. Very nice! Can see the attraction of the transverse island bed. Even at £24k it is probably cheaper than divorce. Compared to your Swift you will acquire another axle and more length. Will you have to re-think storage?
mel

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Mel - if we did go for a T1 it would in all probability be one that would be about 18 months old as we couldn't afford a new one and this won't be for at least another year ... but one can dream. It will fit on our drive luckily as it's not that much longer than our current van and we have quite a bit of room to play with. I just cannot wait for the day when I'm not clamboured over in the dead of night!!!!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We have a 2011 Lunar Delta TI which we bought brand new in Oct 2011 at £5,000 below list price. Also got an excellent trade in on our 2006 Lexon ES. We enjoy the island bed as I have to get up frequently during the night unfortuantely. It ticks all the right boxes for us except one. No option for a L shape lounge.
Be careful of the later models as instead of a folding shower door they have a single one piece door. If you open this one piece door, it comes up against the basin and you need to be slim to access the shower! The 2011 model can be picked up for under £17000 on Caravan finder.
I have pdf copies of the brochure, owner's manual and service manual for 2011 and 2012 models. I can get these forwarded onto any one interested with parksey's permission of course.
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts