Lunar (ultima) quasar

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
So what dealer in his right mind will sell a used caravan that has seen better days but in the hands of a less well off diyer could become a great piece of kit?
When I was young with not much dosh I went for a caravan needing TLC but basically sound. Are those diy days gone🙀
It is a 2018 which makes me very suspicious on the "sold as seen". Definitely a walk away. If the buyer decides to try the repair themselves and it is a lot worse than expected, they will lose any warranty or protection from S75 or CRA 2015.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This raises a very important question. I’m not sure of the answer😎

Our local dealer is well known in Wiltshire and of the highest integrity. They do have a “cheapo” selection sold as seen , nothing much of a warranty, circa 3 months but no cover for specific faults they publish.

If CRA 2015 is so cast iron how does a dealer sell on older or worn stock?
By relying on the fact that many buyers are not properly aware of their consumer rights and how to use them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The part of CRA that allows a retailer to sell goods that have faults is the requirement for the goods to be described accurately.

Provided the the actual faults are defined and described in the advertisement or the official description of the goods the seller can decline to warranty those issues and cannot be held responsible under the CRA as they were declared in the description. Technically even just a verbal declaration of such faults should be sufficient, but its better to have clear documentary evidence.

Sold as seen is not focused enough to define excludable issues.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I strongly suggest that the OP look elsewhere for a caravan. After all one is purchasing a caravan for enjoyment and relaxation. One does not want to be spending time and money continuously repairing what could be a money pit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts