Lutz Norway/Arctic etc

May 12, 2006
Visit site
I'll go along with what Valerie has said. We've "done" Europe from north (Arctic Circle in Norway and Iceland)

Lutz, If you have time would you share a little from that experience ?. I know we would like to do that tour, before we get much older

regards Val & Frank

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Again Lutz,

What we are looking to do is travel to Skarsvag for the North Cape. I have found the e-mail address for a caravan site at Skarsvag, just some information on roads etc would be helpful.

Looking to use Newcastle / Bergen DFDs.

Thanks

Val & Frank

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The trip to Norway was some years ago (although we plan to go again this year; Iceland was a bit more recent) so I don't know what the conditions are like today but the roads were quite reasonable, even far up north.

The first thing that you need to do, however, is to ask yourselves whther you really want to go as far as the North Cape. Don't forget that it's another 600 miles by road beyond the Arctic Circle (yes, Norway is really that big) and that part of the journey is relatively boring. There are only two towns of note along the way, Narvik and Troms

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Lutz.

Just the sort of information I was seeking, that which you don't receive on the Norwegian web sites. Thanks again you are most helpful

Val & Frank

TRENDING THREADS