Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gary

We came back from Cornwall 2 weeks ago and the new bypass (A30) was all but finished but we did get horribly held up on it ( past bodmin) on a Saturday afternoon travelling down on the 30th June.

Apart from that just the usual idiots crashing caused hold ups.

We usually travel down there overnight or at the crack of sparrows fart and avoid all that nonsense usually but this time got held up leaving home so maybe Saturday was the problem.

Good luck. We arent back down for another 4 weeks yet .....BAH

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Regularly travel the A 30 the east and join it after the M5.

Memories of the M5 when I have used it are poor especially around Bristol.

The A 30 bypasses are all up and running and there is only one traffic jam at Temple (just past Bodmin) and this is only single traffic from duel carriageway) otherwise it is duel carriageway all the way to Indian Queens and a bit beyond but most traffic will have turned off to Bude or into Newquay (instead of using the back road through to Rejarrah (big hint there if youre south of Newquay)

Went down last saturday (saturday is always a mistake) went on a motorbike left basically Guildford at 0700 caught a jam at salisbury for about a mile and half after the R/A but befor ethe Devizes turning then everyone was sensible through the single carriageway and speed restrictions (apart from me but I was on a bike)

Took four and a half hours for 260 miles including 3 *** breaks and 2 petrol stops and didnt go over 80.

Newquay on a saturday at that time is more or less 2 hours in a car when you get on the A30/M5 junction.

Hope this assists and if the jam is that long I ll see you at about 0700 at Exeter the next morning! (I ll be the idiot who isnt in the queue)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts