Making bunks Into cots?

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

I'm after some advice/pointers regarding making bunk beds safe for babies. In short, our caravan has an end bedroom which houses 4 bunks, 2 on either side. I need to temporary (as in not cut/hack out and that I can remove in a year or two) the bottom bunk so I can put our 1 year twins in. I need them separate from each other and ideally, make it so they cannot crawl or climb out. I've put a standard bed guard in there and 2 just about fit along the length of the bunk but of course this doesn't keep them apart nor would it stop them climbing over the bed guard and hitting the floor. At 14 months old, unfortunately they are old enough to climb and not aware of the dangers of doing so.

The other 3 bunks are already occupied with our older 3 who are too big to share one but not old enough to sleep in annexes in awnings etc.

Thanks

Rick

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
IT's a long while since, but we had the same problem making a top bunk secure. I bought a length of nylon window netting, some edging tape and press stud fasteners. Once measured and sewn into an appropriately sized rectangle, it clipped to the inside edge of the wooden bunk base (out of sight behind the cusjion edge when not in use) and at each top corner to the underside of the roof lockers. No lack of ventilation and you can peep through to see if the escapees are settled and asleep! The standard bed guards remain useful as the children get older - preventing falling out, but for tinies do not protrude far enough above the mattress. Good luck and happy caravanning!

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
May be a bit wide for caravan singles - but this ad was in the back of the Sainsburys magazine - acosybunpers.co.uk - enter code Acosy 15 to save 15%. Not a recommendation as I have no experience of the product - just a possible alternative!

TRENDING THREADS