Making up a Bed

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
I have a 1996 Two berth Fleetwood Garland,The beds being two singles either side of the caravan with the drawers at the front,i have always just slept on the one side as it where for years.but this easter weekend i decieded to make up the double bed and had a wonderful nights sleep,(better than i have at home)Now the question is without being personal what do people use?? ie, Sheets with a quilt/Blankets,Two sleeping bags joined together,at present i have been useing one sleeping bag but find it so restricted this year,And now ive made the change im wondering whats best,Many thanks for your replys,Eddie

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Eddie, I think it could be personal choice, I use sheet and a Quilt, thats what we prefer.

On the subject of made up bed in caravans, how do people sleep which way? length ways or width ways, my hubby and I have had this disagreement for some time now, not being personal, but if we lay width ways it means either one has to climb over each over to get out,(If need be) but length ways either one can get out easy, your views on sleeping arrangements would be much appreciated? Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Eddie we put a cheap duvet on top of the mattress and one on top of us .Its comfortable and cosy .

Liz ,may be you could help me, the boss woman drinks half of what i do but insists on taking the outside position on the bed why is that Coljac

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Eddie

Look on the Raskelf website and look at the Duvalay. It is a cross between a sleeping bag and a duvet, so it has the convenience of a bag but without the restriction. It is a bit pricey but it is the best thing I have slept on yet. Before that we also used a duvet on the bottom and the top and that works well.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Chrissylizzie

I would second your coments re the Raskelf products. but you missed a point in that you can easterly pack them away , we just roll ours up put the band round and pope them in the bedding locker. who needs fixed beds? ( now thats opened a can of worms)

David

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Eddie we put a cheap duvet on top of the mattress and one on top of us .Its comfortable and cosy .

Liz ,may be you could help me, the boss woman drinks half of what i do but insists on taking the outside position on the bed why is that Coljac
I had to sleep on this one,I still have not come up with an answer.Liz

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Chrissylizzie

I would second your coments re the Raskelf products. but you missed a point in that you can easterly pack them away , we just roll ours up put the band round and pope them in the bedding locker. who needs fixed beds? ( now thats opened a can of worms)

David
Hi David

Quite right. We started out wanting a fixed bed, but were not prepared to compromise on the bathroom. It was only after getting the Duvalay that I decided I would rather have the bathroom and still make the bed. The Duvalay makes it SO much easier. Glad you like Raskelf too.

Dec 28, 2006
Visit site
Hi Eddie

Having recently made the jump from tent to caravan we were not happy using the old sleeping bags, two singles zipped together as a double. They now function as wonderful sheet and we use a duvet for cover.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts