Male Grooming

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Just watching Watchdog and the section featuring Ray Quinn. I can't believe how overplucked his eyebrows are! Its impacting on me how the younger men nowadays blatantly pluck and arch their eyebrows like us women have done for years. We have a couple of young males at work who do this and I think it makes them look effeminate to say the least.

Now I must admit, in my opinion I also dislke seeing men with ears full of hair, unruly wiry eyebrows and hairs hanging out of their noses. I admit to taking the tweezers to my better half when necessary to stop him looking like Catweazle. However, I like a man to present as a man,I wouldn't dream of him waxing his chest as men do nowadays or plucking his eyebrows in such a fashion. Just wondering if I'm the only woman who thinks like this and how many men out there are agreeable to being mowed, clipped, plucked or shorn by their counterparts?!

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
None that want to admit to it!!!! LOL

Men should have hair.......I do like a hairy chest (on a man, that is, obviously ;-) ROFL).

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I week or two ago a film producer was interviewed here on TV about his plans to make a historical film depicting life centuries ago. The film was to include a scene requiring nude actors. He complained bitterly how difficult it was to get young actors today who had not shaved their pubic hairs. No joke.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Well I'll admit to plucking my eyebrows but not as described. For some reason since I went through the male menopause (no sweats ... heh! heh!) the hair in my ears has started to grow including my eyebrows. Not wanting to look like Denis Healey I have no choice. Uncontrolled my eyebrows would meet in the middle and probably spread to the tip of my nose. I must admit I have difficulty doing my ears but are loathe to asking Her Ladyship to do it, she would achieve much pleasure in seeing me wince.

Regarding Lutz's comment about shaving the nads or fairy that's a no no. At sometime you might end up in hospital and believe me it gives the medical staff a good laugh with some ribald comments when they see a bald beaver.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I like men to look like men, but I do draw a line at hairy ears, nostril hairs that you can plait, and eyebrows like Dennis Healy! :O)

I do admit to giving my OH the once over every so often!! :O)

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Well I'll admit to plucking my eyebrows but not as described. For some reason since I went through the male menopause (no sweats ... heh! heh!) the hair in my ears has started to grow including my eyebrows. Not wanting to look like Denis Healey I have no choice. Uncontrolled my eyebrows would meet in the middle and probably spread to the tip of my nose. I must admit I have difficulty doing my ears but are loathe to asking Her Ladyship to do it, she would achieve much pleasure in seeing me wince.

Regarding Lutz's comment about shaving the nads or fairy that's a no no. At sometime you might end up in hospital and believe me it gives the medical staff a good laugh with some ribald comments when they see a bald beaver.
Re your last comment, if you ask medical staff I think you'll find that it's more common than you may think and no longer cause for much ribald reaction.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
I like men to look like men, but I do draw a line at hairy ears, nostril hairs that you can plait, and eyebrows like Dennis Healy! :O)

I do admit to giving my OH the once over every so often!! :O)
And I can just imagine him sitting there patiently while you do, Wendy!! LOL

Steve protests like mad when I try to get near enough to him with the tweezers to get rid of those stray eyebrow hairs that are in danger of dangling in his eyes, the wuss!!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

I've no need to ask Lutz because I've seen it. I had to work in theatre and A&E as part of my training, refreshers or learning new skills although maybe fashion has changed since those times and in the years since I've retired. When I first started on the Ambulance Service it didn't happen so much because then they were a different breed of consultant surgeon, very stuck up but these days they aren't so aloof and full of themselves. Then again shaving the nether regions wasn't as common either.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Crikey!

I wouldn't let Herself anywhere near armed with tweezers :0(

When I visit the barber (note - not hairdresser) a quick buzz round the eyebrows and lugholes with the clippers does the trick.

Any 'other' hair that adorns my body stays where the good Lord put it.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com

Yes, it does appear to be a relatively recent trend.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
And I can just imagine him sitting there patiently while you do, Wendy!! LOL

Steve protests like mad when I try to get near enough to him with the tweezers to get rid of those stray eyebrow hairs that are in danger of dangling in his eyes, the wuss!!
He complains bitterly Sue, but he loves it really!! Lol

G

Good barbers will neatly trim wild eyebrows and even the ears.

As the hair thins out its one way of getting your moneys worth from the barber as you get older ;) Just ask if they don't offer.

My wife soon tells me if I don't look gorgeous and well groomed!

;) ;) ;) ;)

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Valerie

Good topic.

I don't mind blokes plucking their eyebrows or having areas waxed or even using moisturisers.

A colleague of mine uses straighteners each morning to do his hair, it looks brill.

I think if a chap is starting to lose his hair, then a good cut should improve things.

However, one thing I find creepy though is a wig on a man, even good ones look artificial. Apologies if I've upset any chaps with that comment. LOL!

Lisa

G

Women with wigs and to much make up. Yuk!

And any other falsie bits, double yuk and very creepy :eek:(

That evens it up Lisa ;)

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi euro

I disagree with your comments on women wearing wigs. Society doesn't like to see bald women but it's perfectly acceptable for a man to be bald.

Lisa

G

Sorry Lisa!

I wasn't referring to women who have lost their hair, rather those that add bits that don't really match.

But I will say that we met Gail Porter not so long ago, she looked very attractive and I adnire her stance on the loss of her hair although I understand why other ladies would rather wear a wig.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
On some naturist beaches or campsites in France the 'body hair etiquette' (for both men and women) appears to be 'everything off except the eyebrows'! It is the same for all age groups - and eventually you get so used to it that a full complement of body hair starts to appear quite odd!

I know both my adult sons 'trim' theirs - and apparently this is almost the norm these days! (And they're not naturists!!!) They like the 'designer stubble' look - and not just the beard area!

I must admit I haven't seen any men with extravagantly plucked eyebrows, though my OH does pluck his modestly to avoid the Dennis Healey look.

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
I have to admit my tweezers are resident on my bedside table(!) and I tend to read before retiring. Unfortunately him indoors tends to be zedding away by the time I finish reading - ripe for my attack...

When posting, I have to be honest and say, the prospect of his Uncle Bob and the Twins being bare never crossed my mind, but I would be mortified if that/they were bald too ... horrific!!! ha ha how funny!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My wife cuts my hair for me - crew cut style using N0.3 for length. Apart from this I do all my personal grooming. My eyebrows tend to thicken up as for Lord B's and my moustache likewise. I also suffer with hair inside the ears and nasal hair. I use the hair trimming attachment on my Phillishave to attend to these and have to date had no problems what so ever. My wife so far has never needed to come near me with her tweasers or any other form of feminine beauty enhancing appliance.

As for going bald there is no history in the family of baldness so I will probably keep my hair to the end so my days on this earth. However to those who are bald they have the advantage of less to cut, easier to wash, no greying hair to give age away and no sign of dandruff - so there are advantages of being bald.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts