Manchester show

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Practical caravan posts on Facebook
Going to the Manchester Show? Don't forget to visit us!

Went to the show today, which as advertised is the first and largest indoor show in the North of England. After reading the above Facebook post, thought great idea I will go and visit them & take out a subscription to save me having to buy the magazine at the supermarket.

Only to find out "come and visit us" means nothing as you where not there!
No trade stand, no representative, just a sign saying practical caravan over a cafe area.

Has this show been abandoned by the biggest magazine in the industry?

Why state on Facebook come and visit us if your not there?

Guess my subscription is not wanted!

Nice not to see you
John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's a shame that you missed him but Practical Caravan editor Mike Le Caplain was there because the details of his visit are on his editors blog Here
Did you enjoy your visit anyway?
I should imagine that anyone from the magazine would be heading back down to London on Saturday but you can subscribe online by clicking HERE
You could opt for an online subscription or a hard copy, either of which would save you buying from the supermarket.

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Parksy

The main reason I posted was due to a post by practical caravan on Facebook around lunchtime on Saturday when I was at the show saying come and see us.

That to me intimated they had some sort of stand and go along and have a chat, buy a subscription etc.

So I went on a specific search to find them but nothing. So Why put such a post on facebook in the first instance?

The show I thought was disappointing on the grounds that I note a lot of the general trade stands where either a lot smaller in size & range of products or are disappearing. The number of stalls overall seamed a lot less than previous years.

To note two specifically that no longer have a stand, Practical Caravan & Caravan Magazine.

I realise the NEC in October & now February are the largest events, however disappointing to see both the leading magazines in the caravan industry seam to have abandoned their show stand presence at least at the Manchester show.

Makes you wonder if the caravan industries leading magazines cant be bothered supporting the more regional shows what is the likelihood of others traders following suit.

not everyone can make it to Birmingham with travel and accommodation costs on top of entrance prices so regional shows are some peoples only way to experience all suppliers & traders under one roof or show ground as the case maybe.

Surely then at least the leading companies should make every effort to support the shows which ultimately sustains & promotes the industry. not just rely on the footfall from the big events.

Anyway Rant over lol.

No new caravan this time either so not as heavy on the wallet.

Cheers
John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts