manor farm nottingham

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jean,

I have stayed at Ferry Farm near Thrumpton Hall which is a field - O.K. for an overnighter - about 10 miles south west of Nottingham.

There is an Old Manor Farm, Woodborough which is some 15 miles north east which I have never been to.

Any more details of the site you are looking for ? Post code or such.

Mike E

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Church Lane, Nottingham, NG11 0AX is the address of thrumpton hall , and i am lead to believe that the camp site next door,

As long as i am the passenger!!!! will try to look at the road signs as we are heading to notts this week-end, its off the main road into nottingham near Radcliffe on soar

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jean

I don't know the campsite, I did go to Thrumpton Hall years ago when they had a riding school there. So I am afraid I cannot comment on the actual site.

The only comment that I would add is that to get to Thrumpton you have to drive along the A453 (most notorious road in Notts for accidents) which leads on to the M1m J24 I think and turn either left or right into another road (depending on which way you are coming from). Bear that in mind because each time you need to get back to Thrumpton, or leave Thrumpton the traffic is chaotic particularly at peak times.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jean,

I've looked at the postcode on www.multimap.com and the aerial photos there and there seems to be two sites in the area so I can't be much help. Directions to Thrumpton in the Caravan Club book are Leave the M.1. at Junction 24 onto A453 S.p. Nottingham in about2.1/2 miles turn L and immed R at S.p. Thrumpton in about1/2 mile turn L into no through road. Which should get you to Thrumpton.

Mike E

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Manor farm is about half a mile from Thrumton hall,Thrumpton is a small quite village with no shop, pub,or street lighting,there is a church and a phone box (red)

to get into the site you drive through the farm yard, only ever noticed about 6 vans on there when I have passed it is quite at night time.Easy to find off the A453 Glenn

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thanks for all your help,think i might give it a miss,!!!don't want it too quiet and with the farm yad, lots of us will be coming up for sons wedding we are all from plymouth, so think might pitch at shardlow(if he is still there with a pub on tap!!) our usual place thorntons holt other side is a bit too far but you neverknow prob even end up there!!

Thanks for your help it is great to have so many people between us we all have a bit of knowledge to help someone else!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts