Marking topics as 'Read'

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I understand that a lot of forum readers use the 'Recent Topics' tab that simply displays topics from all categories that have been amended recently.

However, once I've read these topics there is no 'Mark All Topics Read' button to select ... I have to visit another page to find it.

Could we please have such a button on the 'Recent Topics' page?

Thanks, Aldo

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Why ?

In Recent Topics it shows me in green how many new post there are, ( this only works if you are logged in ) After reading them it disappears so I don't think it needs amending as it will come back on to alert you of any new posts in that topic.. :dry:

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Sprocket, you are assuming that I read every single new post ... but I'm afraid that's not the case.

There may be, say, 12 new posts and I scan down and read the first 3, but not the next 2, and so on ... depending on my personal interests.

So when I've finished it would be helpful to have a 'Mark All Topics Read' button, in exactly the same way that all the other pages have got.

Aldo

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Don't know how the regular posters on here managed with the old steam engine, but they persisted with out the fancy things that can now be done on here :unsure:

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sproket said:
Don't know how the regular posters on here managed with the old steam engine, but they persisted with out the fancy things that can now be done on here :unsure:

Hi Sproket. That is not necessarily factual. I am sure that a great many only actually signed in,then took one look and went swiftly into reverse. The 'Old Steam Engine' as you put it had been running on rechargeable batteries for some time,those batteries were the newbies and beginners to the hobby/interest.
I for one (but by no means a newbie or beginner) since first signing up to the forum had regularly queried the absences of some of the most very basic offerings that other forums had available.
Those feature absences I am sure had been contributory to the somewhat ******** progress and had stifled increased active membership numbers that could have been made and will doubtless be seen to advance now that the whole site has been upgraded.
Without doubt the most active and liveliest caravan specific forum to-date is CaravanTalk.
Yes, there are still a few yards more to go with this total revamp/upgrade but I am sure that it is very very pending.
The ability to add images directly into/onto the forum post topic from ones own PC is probably the current 'Must Have'.

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
OP here again.
Having done some work on web-sites, I know how easy it would be to add an already-designed button (Mark All Topics Read) to another page - perhaps someone from the web team could let me know if that is so?
Thanks, John

TRENDING THREADS