Massive water pump leak

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi I'm v new to caravanning and have been doing up a 1991 monza with the hubby, at weekend we tried to test the plumbing and sterilise it as i dont know when it was last used, unfortunately due to being not brilliant at the technical stuff, the internal plumbing was not put together properley which resulted in a huge puddle under the back bed that poured out underneath the van. i presumed the floor/seals/ everything is thoroughly soaked. This comes after battling to fix the damp at the front of the van for the last 3 months:( It is on a relatives drive and we can only get there at weekend and we're supposed to be moving it back to the storage field on sun. Any tips to dry it out appreciated. it has a crystal dehumidifier and we stripped all the furniture out above it. was hoping this week might be a scorcher but it doesn't look like it will be:( beginning to think i should just write it off and we havent even been away in it :( Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Moneypit....

Welcome to the forum, I'm certain you will make some new friends and get some useful information.

I'm sorry to read of your problems. Lets hope you have sorted the causes of the damp, so all thats left to do is dry the caravan out.

You tell us you have a crystal dehumidifier, This is a start, but frankly it won't sort out your immediate problem quickly. The quickest solution will be to use an electric dehumidifier in the caravan. You will need to open as many points of access to the affected area (open draws, cupboards and lockers etc.) so the dehumidifier can circulate air. But while you dry it out you need to close the van up to limit the amount new fresh air that gets in.

You can hire dehumidifiers from tool hire companies.

Once dry , long term you need to ensure the caravan is kept properly aired.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts