Mattress toppers

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I would be pleased to hear any feedback regarding use of mattresstoppers to use over standard pull-out double bed, both to protect cushions but also to flatten out the cushion joins. Seen a number for sale on-line, but wonder about a 'hotel style' topper that looks like a thin duvet, rather than the exposed memeory foam (no cover) that form the majority of the advertised content.Thanks

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We can thoroughly recommend Raskelf memory foam toppers, which are good quality and come in a zipped cover. Raskelf have a huge database of caravan models, showing the correct bed sizes for each model and year. They will cut you a topper which will fit your bed exactly.
There's nothing worse than an uncomfortable bed which gives you backache when you're on holiday. We think they are worth every penny and even have one on our bed at home. Bliss!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I appreciate that mattress toppers are completely essential to caravanning; in fact you should buy one before buying the caravan.: And any discussion about caravanning MUST include some consideration of mattress toppers: And getting a mattress topper wrong can lead to life changing injury: And you should not use one without appropriate training and qualification or get a certified "TopperSafe" technician to fit one. But I don't understand why this topic is a sticky? :dry:
mel

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
audiorob said:
I would be pleased to hear any feedback regarding use of mattresstoppers to use over standard pull-out double bed, both to protect cushions but also to flatten out the cushion joins. Thanks

Don't lay on the joins!

Put the large sit on cushions the same way as you lie with the two cushion seat backs at your feet end.

Although I am fully certified I will leave it up to you what topper to use.........I uses two duvets on top of the cushions to lay on and another to cover up.

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Both my wife and I found we had aching hips and knees after sleeping in our 'van, the beds are otherwise very comfortable, and we thought about mattress toppers. However we have found by turning the bottom cushions over, we both get a much better nights sleep. We do sleep on seperate beds, but the same would apply to using a double.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I'm not sure how this became a sticky topic, and perhaps it could be unstuck now!

It was a serious question for a 2 berth end bathroom caravan.

We bought a 500gm Kensington mattress topper on Ebay (about 25.00) which is like a duvet. We now place both seats to the middle with knee rolls facing outwards, then infill top and bottom with the backrests. We do not turn them over as we wondered if the plastic clips on the backs of the seat buttons added to discomfort. The uneven parts are then under the pillows and feet. The mattress toipper then over the top reduces the evidence of joins and sligthtly softens the surface and provides a bit of extra warmth while prtecting the cushions. In fact we have bought another for the bed at home!

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
We have a 30mm topper and cover it using a single duvet cover, excellent! I put seat bases so the leg rolls are at head and feet end with the uprights as infill. Storage is easy too. fold in to middle both ends, ie, quarters? roll tightly, tie with a nice coloured nylon rope and it goes under a single seat squab.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
We have a 2" thick topper, which we take with us. It's comfy, but after 10 days its good to get on our own bed. I also stripped the top memory foam cover off of our old mattress, cut it to size and made detachable sheet covers for the kids bunks. They are even more comfy than our topper!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts