Mattress with a return window.

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
So we have a new second hand caravan and found the mattress gives both my wife and I back ache.

At home we have a Phoebe mattess that when we bought it, could try for 90 days and return if not happy with it.
Does anyone know of any such place that make caravan mstress's with the same offer?

We don't want to spend £400 on a new one to find we get the same issue. We already have a memory foam topper on it.

It's one of the beds with the corner missing so don't think would need be custom made.

Thank you.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
So we have a new second hand caravan and found the mattress gives both my wife and I back ache.

At home we have a Phoebe mattess that when we bought it, could try for 90 days and return if not happy with it.
Does anyone know of any such place that make caravan mstress's with the same offer?

We don't want to spend £400 on a new one to find we get the same issue. We already have a memory foam topper on it.

It's one of the beds with the corner missing so don't think would need be custom made.

Thank you.
I cannot recall ever seeing such an offer for caravan beds. One option could be to source a higher quality mattress, but they are such personal choices.

This review may help.

Reactions: McLosi

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
The best known name in Caravan mattresses is Duvalay, but there are others such as custom size mattresses. A bit of Googling will help you find a few, but I don’t know if any do trial purchases. You may need to sit through a long internet trawl
Do report back if you find one, it may help others.
Good luck
mel

Reactions: McLosi and Parksy
Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
I cannot recall ever seeing such an offer for caravan beds. One option could be to source a higher quality mattress, but they are such personal choices.

This review may help.
Thabk you, wasn't sure if there was but was worth an ask. Cheers for the link.

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
The best known name in Caravan mattresses is Duvalay, but there are others such as custom size mattresses. A bit of Googling will help you find a few, but I don’t know if any do trial purchases. You may need to sit through a long internet trawl
Do report back if you find one, it may help others.
Good luck
mel
Yes, there are many! Will keep hunting thank you.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site

Thank you.
Might help, dont know where you are located but i have a Duvalay topper
Similar to this one but with only one corner cut
in my loft which came out of my previous van, (Fleetwood Sonata) Im in South Devon, you would be welcome to try it if you are near to us.
I kept it because it was even more comfortable than my bed at home!!!

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
Might help, dont know where you are located but i have a Duvalay topper
Similar to this one but with only one corner cut
in my loft which came out of my previous van, (Fleetwood Sonata) Im in South Devon, you would be welcome to try it if you are near to us.
I kept it because it was even more comfortable than my bed at home!!!
Thanks for the kind offer, I'm Suffolk so a few miles!
Does a topper make that much difference? I'd just hate to spend so much money to be disappointed lol

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Even a 25 mm Duvalay topper made a good difference to a single in our last caravan and the rear singles mattresses in a Sprite were based on kids weight nit adults. We would have gone for 50 mm but weight was a criterion.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Is this any good for you.

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
Is this any good for you.
Silly question but assume it can't be put up the other way? Our corner is the right hand side, so the other side...

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Not really, the base is much firmer, and the zip is on the top. That's a shame. We bought a topper from Dunelm to go onto of our original mattress, really lovely.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the kind offer, I'm Suffolk so a few miles!
Does a topper make that much difference? I'd just hate to spend so much money to be disappointed lol
It made a huge difference to me, I suffer from regular back pain, but that topper really was comfortable, I even had it on my home bed for a while whilst suffering at one time, BUT as always it's a personal preference, so it could be a cheaper version that would suit some but not others.
hope you get sorted.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Thank you.
Probably your best bet is to try a mattress topper out at Dunelm have you one near to where you live

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Over the years we tried various mattresses including a brand mentioned in an earlier post. That one was probably one of the most uncomfortable and expensive mattress with terrible customer support.

Eventually settled on a Jonic mattress with 1000 pocket springs and foam. It is heavier, but very supportive. It was more expensive than any other mattress, but at least now we get a decent night's sleep.

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
Over the years we tried various mattresses including a brand mentioned in an earlier post. That one was probably one of the most uncomfortable and expensive mattress with terrible customer support.

Eventually settled on a Jonic mattress with 1000 pocket springs and foam. It is heavier, but very supportive. It was more expensive than any other mattress, but at least now we get a decent night's sleep.
Thanks. This is the worry, we but and find it just as bad lol

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. This is the worry, we but and find it just as bad lol
Yes our Custom bed mattress seemed fine, then Mrs H found it was just a bit too soft. We had gone for a 10 inch thickness, thinking it would have been more comfortable, It wasn't,
Anyway good luck.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
A lot depends on the size of the bed, but most are odd sizes, so the mattress is made to order and is none returnable. If you are lucky and have one that is a standard bed size you could order a regular one.
If ordered on the internet you do have the right to return it if it is still in its original wrapping and undamaged. That possibly means trying it with the protective covering on, assuming it does not arrive rolled up. If you have used the mattress then it certainly will not be taken back.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If ordered on the internet you do have the right to return it if it is still in its original wrapping and undamaged. That possibly means trying it with the protective covering on, assuming it does not arrive rolled up. If you have used the mattress then it certainly will not be taken back.

However people are happy to buy a second hand caravan with a well used mattress? :unsure:

Reactions: RogerL and McLosi
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Another vote here for mattress toppers! From 2014 to 2016 we went away from a fixed bed and found we both got terrible back ache from the bed made from the settee cushions so we bought a 25mm mattress topper from Dunelm and it made a huge difference! The only drawback with them is their weight, they can add a fair bit to your payload so worth keeping in mind.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Another vote here for mattress toppers! From 2014 to 2016 we went away from a fixed bed and found we both got terrible back ache from the bed made from the settee cushions so we bought a 25mm mattress topper from Dunelm and it made a huge difference! The only drawback with them is their weight, they can add a fair bit to your payload so worth keeping in mind.
We have bought toppers from Dunelem and Duvalay and found the latter to be expensive and uncomfortable. The Dunelm was far more comfortable. In 2017 we bought a topper for a different caravan from Jonic and found it to be very comfortable. However when we rejected that caravan in 2017 the topper was put in a wardrobe at home as not required in new caravan.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
However people are happy to buy a second hand caravan with a well used mattress? :unsure:
Possibly, but we would not and I have heard of dealers reducing a trade in offer because of that. We use a waterproof cover to make sure we have no problems, not that we are in the habit of wetting the bed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts