Maximum Length of Stay

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
What is the maximum length of stay permitted on a site? (Obviously other than a registered "Travellers" site). Is it laid down by national law, local by-law or is it just up to the site owner?

Staying at a "holiday park" type site in Devon, I noticed quite a few vans, both occupied and unoccupied, that looked (from the length of grass beneath them and general grubbiness) that they had been there for ever. Is it the length of stay of the caravan that counts or is it the length of stay of its occupants?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Good Question Dr Z. Often thought of that myself. We have a local pub that has a caravan site at the back of it where a lot of , shall we say " Contractors" stay, no harm there and If I were to work in the UK and move around I would like to use these places. My wifes Uncle Bob, was lucky enough to be a bridge builder and could stay "On Site" whilst completing our motorway bridges.
Lets see the answers.
Hutch

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
It depends upon the deeds of the land and what has been agreed by the borough council. Most static sites around me have a 10 month maximum occupancy. So they caravaners all clear off for two months to Spain after Christmas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts